• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

South Bend/Mishawaka orange Super Bee of legend

DynaBro

Local time
11:40 AM
Reaction score
Do we have any other members who have spent time in the northern Indiana area? In the 80's-90's on US 20 across from what was then a Wick's lumber yard (now some sort of haunted hayride warehouse thing) there used to be this orange and white Super Bee rotting away. I only have child's recollections of it, but I want to say it was a 1970. The car was probably worth more than the small house or lot it sat on in the woods then, and no one seemed to know anything solid about it. The owner wouldn't even talk about selling it, or so the story went, and every car guy my dad knew had a different "I heard" story behind it that ranged from it was his son's who dies in Vietnam to he lost his virginity int he thing. They were al over the place. I have always wondered what the story was or what happened to that Super Bee. I even found another Super Bee owner in nearby Osceola thinking he would have the low down but didn't know a thing. Last I heard he was tired of hearing about it and hauled it into the barn/shed. It's probably still there.

Well go to the house and knock on the door and start up a conversation

Do we have any other members who have spent time in the northern Indiana area? In the 80's-90's on US 20 across from what was then a Wick's lumber yard (now some sort of haunted hayride warehouse thing) there used to be this orange and white Super Bee rotting away. I only have child's recollections of it, but I want to say it was a 1970. The car was probably worth more than the small house or lot it sat on in the woods then, and no one seemed to know anything solid about it. The owner wouldn't even talk about selling it, or so the story went, and every car guy my dad knew had a different "I heard" story behind it that ranged from it was his son's who dies in Vietnam to he lost his virginity int he thing. They were al over the place. I have always wondered what the story was or what happened to that Super Bee. I even found another Super Bee owner in nearby Osceola thinking he would have the low down but didn't know a thing. Last I heard he was tired of hearing about it and hauled it into the barn/shed. It's probably still there.
Well go to the house and knock on the door and start up a conversation
I was born in Mishawaka and graduated from MHS in 67. Had a blue 68 Road Runner I bought new from D. L. Miller Chrysler/ Plymouth. I came to Ca. in 1975 so don't know about the Super Bee. Used to race at Osceola drag strip. Spent many nights
hanging out at the Azar's Big Boy in South Bend.

I was born in Mishawaka and graduated from MHS in 67. Had a blue 68 Road Runner I bought new from D. L. Miller Chrysler/ Plymouth. I came to Ca. in 1975 so don't know about the Super Bee. Used to race at Osceola drag strip. Spent many nights
hanging out at the Azar's Big Boy in South Bend.
You had to know my dad. He was a Z28 guy. I'm going to ask if he recognizes your name. I used to ride my BMX in what was left of the Starlight drive in out there by the drag strip. It's a Walmart now.

Auto Transport Service
Back