• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spare Parts

426HemiCharger

Local time
2:09 AM
Reaction score
I'll be getting my Charger out on the road in about a year. Things will eventually break down and wear out so I was wondering what kind of spare parts I should stock myself in the old garage. I got a 440 with a TorqueFlite and A/C. She'll ride on a 3.55 8 3/4" axle. I've got an A$$ LOAD of cash put into her so I've got some NOS stuff.

All the basic stuff. Starter. Alternator. Water pump. Belts. Hoses. Wheel bearings maybe. Maybe a U joint.

That's a good list, but unless it's your daily driver I'd just wait till something goes then replace it. Could save some money.

I've got upper control arms, spare taillight housings, and a spare left hand mirror...

Oh yeah! drinking and driving in a '69 Charger. Beer is for cookouts and bratwurst hot tubs!

Spindles and hubs in case the wheel bearings seize. AAA with roadside assistance if it's a DD. Hagerty or Grundy w/ roadside assistance (can't get either if it's a DD). Floor jack (I wouldn't use the bumber jack). An extra car for when your Charger breaks down. :grin:

The beer is to keep you cool and refreshed if you break down.

Auto Transport Service
Back