• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Glad to be here

Keith926

Local time
7:42 AM
Reaction score
Hi, I recently acquired a 1978 Fury Cop Car, it's pretty solid and complete but needs a lot of TLC. I had a 72 Newport, sold it last year, in my time with it I found For C Bodies only, which lead me here to share my B body experience.

The torsion bars were set really low on this car, too low, I've been told that can make it more likely to break a bar, but not sure if that is fact or fiction. The driver's side bar broke the day I brought it home, total fresh break. Got the car in the garage and tried to get it running, it eventually fired up but sounded like it was running on 4 cylinders, I smoke checked for vacuum leaks and did a compression test, best cylinders had 120-125psi and the worst were 95-100psi, so it's a little tired. Found the ballast resistor was resisting a little much and temporarily bypassing it the car fired up and ran ok. The water pump is loose and growling and I blocked up the suspension so I didn't drive it aggressively. When I find a torsion bar I'll replace it and the water pump and take the Fury for a drive

fury.jpg
fury2.jpg

fury3.jpg

Cool car!! I'd love one of those.
20230714_125722.jpg

Welcome from NJ. Should be a fun ride when you get her going.

Welcome to FBBO from Ontario. Back in the day, I used to see those in my rear view mirror. LOL. Good luck with your project.

Welcome and glad to see what an awesome find to picked up ! That certainly looks like a worthwhile project !!!!!

Nice.

Let's see inside.

Does it still have "cop stuff" in there?

Welcome from Alabama, great to see a 440 powered 78.

Auto Transport Service
Back