• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

speaker dash speakers.

1970 Roadrunner

Local time
1:20 AM
Reaction score
Anyone know of a replacement part.... that fits... for the ralley 3 speaker dash small speakers??? Tried one offered by Auto Zone. No.
Help. Not interested in re-coning.... have just the one.

There are some good info threads on site that may be of help, quick scan I didn't see what I wanted. If you are using an OEM radio, the speaker ohmage is what gets tricky. Seems most our old radios used 10 ohm speakers while todays auto speakers are 4 ohm, which are what most all new install radio/receivers are. I think using the incorrect ohm speaker will lead to burning out your radio output quite early, thus why reconing is popular.
Prolly why so many OEMs radios don't work, we hooked up later model ohm speakers to them when replacements were needed.

There are some good info threads on site that may be of help, quick scan I didn't see what I wanted. If you are using an OEM radio, the speaker ohmage is what gets tricky. Seems most our old radios used 10 ohm speakers while todays auto speakers are 4 ohm, which are what most all new install radio/receivers are. I think using the incorrect ohm speaker will lead to burning out your radio output quite early, thus why reconing is popular.
Prolly why so many OEMs radios don't work, we hooked up later model ohm speakers to them when replacements were needed.
Just put 6 ohm resistors in the power side wire. I did this on my home surround sound system. Make sure they will handle the wattage.

Auto Transport Service
Back