• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Speedometer cable routing

Robertop

Local time
8:42 PM
Reaction score
Can anybody post a photo, or drawing, of the original speedometer cable routing near the firewall amongst the various brake lines and starter wire for a 69 hemi roadrunner 4-speed? Thank you!v

It comes around behind the brake lines and tucks in behind a holder that's just a long tab that sticks up.

It comes around behind the brake lines and tucks in behind a holder that's just a long tab that sticks up.[/Thanks, Beekiper, that' s what I thought; I just wanted to see some details, like how exactly the covered starter wires fits and where the cable is clipped to the frame before going to the transmission. That' s why a photo would be perfect, but you have helped for sure.

It comes around behind the brake lines and tucks in behind a holder that's just a long tab that sticks up.
Thanks, Beekiper, for your answer. That' s what I thought, I just wanted to figure some details, like where the covered starter wires are positioned and where the cable itself is clipped to the frame before going to the transmission. You have helped, that' s for sure anyway.

Thanks, Beekiper, for your answer. That' s what I thought, I just wanted to figure some details, like where the covered starter wires are positioned and where the cable itself is clipped to the frame before going to the transmission. You have helped, that' s for sure anyway.
And sorry for the double reply!!

there are two clips on the floor pan for the speedo cable

there are two clips on the floor pan for the speedo cable
Aw, Beekeeper, you are teasing me! I am aware of the two clips, but again without some visual aid I cannot proceed to finish. I know this is rather **** of me, but I am stuck with "stupid" details like this and it cannot be helped...the devil is in me! Heck.

I will snap a few pics for you and post them up. Sounds like you have the same disease that have lol.

Here's you some pics

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back