• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SRT8 Roadrunner conversion, NOT a body over!!

I don't need to see it if he says "a gen 3 is just bolt in"!!! As far as suspension goes you can buy some nice "bolt ins" with some welding! How about that trans tunnel ? Do you guys even know? or are you just post readers like most people

Dude you just don’t get it. And if you can’t spend the time to read this thread you never will.

He built that blue car from scratch by combining two vehicles (one from 2010 and one from 1970)!!!!!!! which is worlds, leaps, and bounds ahead of that yellow car.

Do yourself a favour and read page one and all of this thread so you don’t end up looking foolish amongst your peers..

If you can not figure out how to get to page one just click this link… https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/threads/srt8-roadrunner-conversion-not-a-body-over.99675/

READ THE THREAD. you might learn something

Dude you just don’t get it. And if you can’t spend the time to read this thread you never will.

He built that blue car from scratch by combining two vehicles (one from 2010 and one from 1970)!!!!!!! which is worlds, leaps, and bounds ahead of that yellow car.

Do yourself a favour and read page one and all of this thread so you don’t end up looking foolish amongst your peers..

If you can not figure out how to get to page one just click this link… https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/threads/srt8-roadrunner-conversion-not-a-body-over.99675/

READ THE THREAD. you might learn something
Ok let me know when it brings 175k!
And I'll let you know when the killer bee sells, we'll see which sells first! Let's see some of your builds big talker ! Talk from experience not dreams if I wanna hear from an asshole ill fart!

Last edited:
Ha! I'm enjoying this discussion.
Just an update. I did not pick the price the car is selling for. The dealer loved it and "got" the work and expertise that it took to create. I know it's not every ones cup of tea. They put it in the front office show room and suggested that price. They felt to the right buyer, price will not matter much. They start off high and bring price down over time. There seems to be a formula they use. It did have a potential buyer but he chose another vehicle at last minute. Also they had a 125k offer but they felt it wasn't enough. Since I can wait I defer to their expertise. It's exciting to see what it will eventually sell for. I have a number I want, but anything over that would be a nice bonus.

Ha! I'm enjoying this discussion.
Just an update. I did not pick the price the car is selling for. The dealer loved it and "got" the work and expertise that it took to create. I know it's not every ones cup of tea. They put it in the front office show room and suggested that price. They felt to the right buyer, price will not matter much. They start off high and bring price down over time. There seems to be a formula they use. It did have a potential buyer but he chose another vehicle at last minute. Also they had a 125k offer but they felt it wasn't enough. Since I can wait I defer to their expertise. It's exciting to see what it will eventually sell for. I have a number I want, but anything over that would be a nice bonus.
Oh I agree its worth way more than 125k I know what it costs to do something like that! I think we were just not on the same page with our conversation, it is a 175k car trust me I know, that's not what I was implying plus I pleed alcohol abuse lol!

Just wanted to follow up on this post with a happy ending. Car is sold, and the new owner (who would like to remain anonymous at this point) is very happy. He flew down and drove it home over a 1000 miles! Said it rode and drove better than his newer Corvette. Said his only issue with it is your doing 90 MPH and don't realize it! I can attest to that, having drove it to Daytona for the rod run.
The car went to someone that is going to drive and enjoy it, and that makes me really happy and the time building it worthwhile.

Just wanted to follow up on this post with a happy ending. Car is sold, and the new owner (who would like to remain anonymous at this point) is very happy. He flew down and drove it home over a 1000 miles! Said it rode and drove better than his newer Corvette. Said his only issue with it is your doing 90 MPH and don't realize it! I can attest to that, having drove it to Daytona for the rod run.
The car went to someone that is going to drive and enjoy it, and that makes me really happy and the time building it worthwhile.
Congrats. Glad it went to someone that enjoyed the car. It was a fantastic looking car for sure. Enjoyed watching the build thread.

Congrats. Glad it went to someone that enjoyed the car. It was a fantastic looking car for sure. Enjoyed watching the build thread.
Apologies for the lateness on follow up. Work and so forth getting in the way.

We’ve a couple other older Mopars - restored to original and a drag car; but were looking for a true, resto-mod done right.

I found the listing and went to take a look. Was a bit skeptical in that I’ve seen a lot of vintage cars (resto mods or not) that are not quite “as advertised”. And watched many pass through my buddies shop in need of many “fixes”

After going over the car and putting it up on a lift, I was dazed and confused … lol. I simply was blown away at the level of quality and insight put into the build. And then I found this thread after committing to the purchase. I’ve been around quite a few “world class” builds and CJs work stands tall amongst.

As he mentions, we drove over 1k miles on all types of roads. I’d laugh because if not for the hood scoop you can forget what the body is - until you get the thumbs up and friendly beeps.

I’ve erred in the past letting some cars sit too long in the garage between drives for fear of some stone chip or other troubles. I’ll never do that again. With any car. A small piece of advice for all - drive them damn things !!!

And with this Road Runner - I’m gonna drive it to the grave.

Thank so for this build CJ. She’s in hood hands !

That was a one of a kind tremendously amazing build! I've never see one engineered to the extent this one was! The new owner bought himself something no one else is likely to ever duplicate! There is simply nothing else out there to compare it to! A true work of engineered craftsmanship. Chrysler Corp. ought to make an offer on this car should the current owner ever decide to sell. Their engineers would be amazed in looking it over.

That was a one of a kind tremendously amazing build! I've never see one engineered to the extent this one was! The new owner bought himself something no one else is likely to ever duplicate! There is simply nothing else out there to compare it to! A true work of engineered craftsmanship. Chrysler Corp. ought to make an offer on this car should the current owner ever decide to sell. Their engineers would be amazed in looking it over.
It truly is a marvel. I’ve been around classics all my life - I grew up with them before they were “classics”. Lol.

I’ve seen many cars from the big auctions and collections. The cars in this category - “resto-mods” simply can’t hold a candle to this build.

CJ built something that I don’t think anyone can match. The detail, quality, craftsmanship - it’s literally a piece of art.

Aside from keeping it out of the snow - it goes anywhere and everywhere. And each time it feels surreal - like … no way is this possible … like a 5 year old getting the most awesome Christmas present ever.

I’ve learned in my own personal life that there’s accomplishments people achieve that transcend all - and CJ did it. !

Auto Transport Service
Back