• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SS springs and drag shocks question!

Ryguytoodry

Local time
9:49 PM
Reaction score
Do I need to get a different size shock if Im using super stock springs? Also, can anyone recommend a nice drag shock that wont break my bank?

Thanks,
-Ryan

Yes you need longer shocks. Take a stroll through Summit racing's site.

I heard that a oem ram 2500 shock would work better than even most drag shocks? Is it true? The lengths are right, and they have more travel...

Most Suppliers Will Recommend Competetion Engineering's Drag Shock Which Has Replaced The Old Mopar Super Stock Shocks Which Are No Longer Being Made or Are Available. Regardless Of Which Shocks You Use, They Have To Be The Long Ones!

Any idea what length I would need though? Comp has 24.50 extended length ones, would those work?

They must be the long shocks for drag strip use, now for street use that could be different.

24" extended is long enough per the Mopar Chassis Manual. Some people even use cheap parts store shocks meant for either a C Body or a Dodge pickup (that's what I use) as a way to get the longer shocks cheaper. I believe 383man has done 1.50 60 foots with SS Springs and C Body shocks.

Some use the Rancho shocks now sold by Calvert with their SS springs but that's $200 per pair compared to $20-$40 per pair for the Monroes from rockauto.com.

Do some poking around on rockauto.com. I think the early '70s C Body shocks are what you want.

Auto Transport Service
Back