• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Standard 68 roadrunner rear leaf springs ?

417guy

Local time
1:44 AM
Reaction score
Since I got the car in 1998, it has had springs with 6 full leaves on each side. My car was an old drag car early in it's life. It sits too high in the rear to suit the stance I want. I have installed Andy F’s front spring hangers which did lower it some, but still 1 1/2 to 2 inches higher than I want. Espo has good prices, and will make either the standard 4 1/2 leaf or the 6 leaf 1” or 2” lower . Or I could put lowering blocks between the spring and axle. local spring shop gets $200 to flatten my 6 leaf springs. BTW, car is a cruiser, no drag strip any more, just lay a little rubber when I feel like it !!

like input from you guys about this. I asked this earlier, but seems my account was hacked and didn’t get many responses. Thanks for reading this, I appreciate everyone’s experience. The blue ‘70 in the last pic is not mine, but the stance I’m looking for !

8564E1E7-3129-4A06-9C3B-274D3A6D023F.jpeg 67D5A676-686A-42FD-B740-77B319C96911.jpeg 344EAC91-2EA3-44E1-8928-F2F65A9EABF6.jpeg

Could you possibly just remove one of leafs from each spring? That might put you where you want for ride height.

Could you possibly just remove one of leafs from each spring? That might put you where you want for ride height.
I have wondered about that, so I asked the guy at the spring shop where I went to check on having the “de arched”. He advised against removing a leaf. Not sure why. Maybe just wanted the $200 to do the work. Have you ever removed a leaf to lower one ? Thanks for your input.

I have wondered about that, so I asked the guy at the spring shop where I went to check on having the “de arched”. He advised against removing a leaf. Not sure why. Maybe just wanted the $200 to do the work. Have you ever removed a leaf to lower one ? Thanks for your input.
I, personally, have never removed or added a leaf to lift/lower. But I’ve heard and read lots from people who have.

Auto Transport Service
Back