• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Standard bore 440s,426 hemis to even 318s value

XEO1-

Local time
8:39 AM
Reaction score
Standard bore engines, are the most treasured, I believe and hard to come by.

my thought but it’s crazy was trade everything me and dads got for a standard bore 426 hemi just to have it like a museum piece.

I believe standard bore engines especially able to run on standard bore should call for a premium value.

I dislike A code stamps on motors for some reason haha.

I dont believe standard bore blocks are valuable due to the standard bore itself
They are valuable because they have not been bored before so they can bored to whatever the builder likes
as well as they have room to be bored multiple times .030, .040. 060
a block that has already been bored limits what can be done in future builds of that block

Last edited:
I dont believe standard bore blocks are valuable due to the stand bore itself
They are valuable because they have not been bored before so they can bored to whatever the builder likes
as well as they have room to be bored multiple times .030, .040. 060
a block that has already been bored limits what can be done in future builds of that block

I believe from usage of the motor you’re correct. From someone who thinks it’s amazing it’s standard bore it’s museum quality I believe or collector,that’s what I’m thinking about.

I believe from usage of the motor you’re correct. From someone who thinks it’s amazing it’s standard bore it’s museum quality I believe or collector,that’s what I’m thinking about.

A block of museum quality? What gold?
Now a NOS block as mentioned is worth much more but if you're going to use it then a used standard bore is good enough

At this point in time an engine blocks value, in my option , it needs to be undamaged first. no cracks welds or missing as cast things. cyl bores can be dealt with in a few ways. std bores are great but noting wrong with an over bored block that has nice strait cylinders. blocks can also be sleeved to repair them. sure a virgin 426 hemi block is awsome but at this point ill buy a boat to fish in before id pay lots of money for an engine block.

Last edited:
I have a standard bore 440 for me that's been rebuilt (overhauled?) with moly rings and a few other goodies and just pulled a standard bore 440 out of a road runner that needs to be bored....and that's the only two that I know of in the last 30 years!

I'd have no problem sticking 8 sleeves in a matching #'s 426 Hemi block. Then run the living ^%$( out of it.

Every 440 I own that isn't running ( 3 of them ) are standard bore. I don't believe they are hard to find. None of them will stay standard bore. If I had a standard bore 426 Hemi, I could sell it and buy stroker kits for all the 440's !

A block of museum quality? What gold?
Now a NOS block as mentioned is worth much more but if you're going to use it then a used standard bore is good enough

there one 426 hemi on eBay for 36000 that nos I think.. he wrapped it up in some sort of wrap over the decades I forgot sort of like nitrogen bubble people do for million dollar cars and car parts and old muscle cars… or like the seed bank in Antarctica. People get serious with this antique stuff! Even my dads .60 440hp,my 402 .30 over,my dads 454 .60,and my dads other 440 .25 I guess over, and 383 .30 over is pretty surreal to me I love looking at this stuff..

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back