• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Start of my '69 Charger restoration

A little update on some progress being made. Made a good push and then got put on nights for a turn around at work so I will slow some until another few months.

image3.JPG image6.JPG image17.JPG image19.JPG image20.JPG image21.JPG image24.JPG

I found some numbers also. The first pic is the numbers off my transmission. The 2nd pic is off of my shipping code from my trunk rail. The 3rd pic is off my rear end. Had a leaking seal so while I was replacing the seal I went ahead and had the gears changed to 3.55's. If anyone can help decipher the shipping code and the transmission code I'd
image15.JPG
image32.JPG
appreciate it.
image13.JPG

Last edited:
A few more of where I'm at. getting close to finishing the rear end. Went from 1st pic to last pic. Didn't think I was making enough progress but after looking at them I'm pretty proud of where I'm at.

rear.JPG image36.JPG image35.JPG image34.JPG image28.JPG

Looking good! I am just getting started on my 68. I love seeing the progress others are making.

I found some numbers also. The first pic is the numbers off my transmission. The 2nd pic is off of my shipping code from my trunk rail. The 3rd pic is off my rear end. Had a leaking seal so while I was replacing the seal I went ahead and had the gears changed to 3.55's. If anyone can help decipher the shipping code and the transmission code I'dView attachment 392537 View attachment 392538 appreciate it. View attachment 392535

-Transmission code, starting with PK is for a 1974-75 Dodge, Chrysler, Plymouth 400cid motor.
-6 digits on trunk rail shoukd be last 6 digits of vin #
-Date code casting of 1173 (I believe, please correct me if I am wrong) is the 117th day of 1973.

-Transmission code, starting with PK is for a 1974-75 Dodge, Chrysler, Plymouth 400cid motor.
-6 digits on trunk rail shoukd be last 6 digits of vin #
-Date code casting of 1173 (I believe, please correct me if I am wrong) is the 117th day of 1973.

Thanks

Auto Transport Service
Back