• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Started a new build on my 65 light blue Dodge Coronet

SUPERSTOCKRACER

Local time
4:08 AM
Reaction score
Since the 2 motors from the 65 blue dodge have been out being rebuilt, I had time to do some modifications to the dodge.
A new 605 Hemi is finished and coming back to me for the install. Dynoed and ready to run.
Made 124 more hp with the new CFE sheetmetal tunnel ram

Attachments

• cuda coronet4.JPG
    cuda coronet4.JPG
    138.3 KB · Views: 713
  • engine dyno.jpg
    engine dyno.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 663
Do they make intakes like that for 440's? That looks killer.

What were the dyno results?

124 with just an intake change.... maybe BUT when a combination is not matched then you build an intake to specifically match the heads and camshaft... yha I can see it. Matching runner length, area to each port would make a huge difference considering how much the heads can flow, then designing the cam to work with the combination especially if the cam was wrong to begin with.

Really nice piece Chris.

Who built your 605 hemi? FHO maybe?

The original build I bought my cam and lifters from FHO. It was designed for the indy hemi intake but after the horrible results I had with it, I brought it to someone who specializes in these hemi's with KB blocks and stage V big valve heads.

- - - Updated - - -

need to send the converter out with the dyno sheet to get the converter matched up correctly.

Attachments

• NEW HEMI7.jpg
    NEW HEMI7.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 514
  • c & F racecars w.Clinton.jpg
    c & F racecars w.Clinton.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 492
Who built your 605 hemi? FHO maybe?

No Tim@ FHO did not build it.
When it comes back and you'll see his sponsorship decals on the car.
He wants to have his name on the East Coast and get some of the Eat coast money so he's stepping up and sponsoring the light blue dodge. The 588 NO RACING Indy wedge is heading out now to be fixed as well. Dyno numbers to follow.

Attachments

• 65 DODGE4.JPG
    65 DODGE4.JPG
    157.9 KB · Views: 474
  • 65 DODGE2.JPG
    65 DODGE2.JPG
    141.1 KB · Views: 475
  • 65 DODGE1.JPG
    65 DODGE1.JPG
    149 KB · Views: 480
124 with just an intake change.... maybe BUT when a combination is not matched then you build an intake to specifically match the heads and camshaft... yha I can see it. Matching runner length, area to each port would make a huge difference considering how much the heads can flow, then designing the cam to work with the combination especially if the cam was wrong to begin with.

Really nice piece Chris.

You're exactly correct. Tim@FHO designed the original cam and it was good for what is was. .840 lift. But when the new engine builder saw it, he wanted a all out monster so he made me a new billet cam ,I think it a 4/7 swap and designed me a new sheetmetal intake. Talk about making some HP.
Heads flow [email protected] intake lift

Where did it make peak power? Just wondering how hard he want's the motor turned.

glad to see you making progress, looking forward to the results.

- - - Updated - - -

glad to see you making progress, looking forward to the results.

- - - Updated - - -

Should be done in the next 2 weeks and running. We have a race next Saturday.
Engine should be here next week some time. It wont take long at all.
I got to call PTC to see if I have to send back my converter to get tweeked. Going to send him my dyno sheets.

Auto Transport Service
Back