• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

started the restoration '70 roadrunner

You guys are way ahead of where I’m at with mine. I’ve had it forever but life kept getting in the way. This downtime is great. Progress like never before on the car

5939E916-9DA7-4D80-9B86-11621FD9A5F7.jpeg 993CF6FA-17C9-4B15-99A4-00B0876658AB.jpeg 291EA621-B9BF-45C1-98B8-94DDEB8104E4.jpeg D5DD0AD6-384D-4C9D-8162-22E0903FBC79.jpeg 2607DC0F-0F9E-407F-872E-2031C9816850.jpeg 417D69D7-A10E-4E7D-9F91-D86CD2CE0825.jpeg C5AB8370-2D4E-41DA-9D56-481D6275D929.jpeg 3D89160D-59DF-4864-98DA-2B9C16B6093F.jpeg

You guys are way ahead of where I’m at with mine. I’ve had it forever but life kept getting in the way. This downtime is great. Progress like never before on the car
Love the rotating jig rack! There's something I haven't seen before.

Acts like a frame table too. I gonna change a frame rail.

Last edited:
My car has finally gone to the body shop. We put in the new floors but everything else for paint will be done by the shop. I have amassed a ton of new parts (basically everything has been replaced or restored) drive train,suspension,leaf springs,k member, interior; I just got the wiper motor, steering box, clock/tach all back restored. Bumpers re-chromed. We just wait now for body and paint to be completed. --hopefully by the end of July, we'll start installing all of the parts. I've done some more research and it definitely is one of the show cars ordered for Chrysler canada with a build date of Aug 2 1969. There were 4 delivered from Plymouth, all FK5 automatic 383's with white convertible roofs.

IMG_4794.JPG IMG_7410 (1).JPEG IMG_4720.JPG

I've done some more research and it definitely is one of the show cars ordered for Chrysler canada with a build date of Aug 2 1969. There were 4 delivered from Plymouth, all FK5 automatic 383's with white convertible roofs.
Did you, by chance, get pictures of any of these cars or any other details that would document that the trim on the tail panel, as per your Feb. 10 post, is supposed to be there? Somewhere there has to be pictures showing them as delivered, as built or as shown, something to document that tail panel trim.
Good luck on the resto, it's lookin' good so far.

Did you, by chance, get pictures of any of these cars or any other details that would document that the trim on the tail panel, as per your Feb. 10 post, is supposed to be there? Somewhere there has to be pictures showing them as delivered, as built or as shown, something to document that tail panel trim.
Good luck on the resto, it's lookin' good so far.

I've looked and the only thing I have is a picture from 1977 showing the trim around the taillights, and the wheel well trim as well as bumperettes on my car. I spoke with the owner who bought the car in 1970 (it was 6 months old) and he said he didn't add the trim--it was there when he bought it from the original owner, so maybe the original owner added it?
I also found a picture on the 'net' of a Road runner with rear trim on a black '70.

IMG_E4056 (4).JPG IMG_4268.JPG

My 70’ has that trim, as well as across the deck lid. I was also told it wasn’t factory.

85F2C7EC-A989-40FA-9C14-9B82EB31DC45.jpeg

the metal work is done. The filler is starting to go on and then sanding and primer.
Every sign of rust was taken out(and we found a lttle more than we thought) and new metal was put in.

IMG_7865 (1).JPEG
IMG_7867.JPEG
IMG_7866.JPEG
IMG_7872.JPEG
IMG_7870.JPEG
IMG_7946.JPEG
IMG_4974.JPG

the K member is starting to go together. Bought acdelco tie rod sleeves and one of them had bad unusable threads. Had to order another one-not ac delco. New bushings in the lower control arms, new struts and sway bar links. Every tie rod is new, as well as ball joints, pitman and idler arms too. I'll take a photo of the completed K membr when done.

And the body work continues. This car body looked really good for 40 year old paint,(see first post) but once everything is sanded, removed, and sandblasted the work really starts. It's taking weeks(2 months now) to prepare the body panels and inner fenders and joints and then getting the gaps correct. I definetly need patience.
Hopefully the paint will go on in a week or 2.

IMG_5048.JPG IMG_5049.JPG IMG_5050.JPG

Looking really nice!
Great color btw.

Nice vert...though I'm a bit partial. Good job on the inside panels. I was lucky, my panels weren't "speakered". Rear trim fasteners look stock to me (had a 70 Sport Satellite). My guess is the orig owner had the dealer add the rear trim. Also partial to the wheel well trim. Mine also has the bumper guards, very rare.

One question, do you remember removing the quarter glass/frame? Trying to remove mine, passenger side. FSM says to remove front guide first, but I can't seem to get it out.

WSbYi4C.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back