• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Steering Column assembly

Smokinnjokin

Local time
6:54 AM
Reaction score
I dropped the column in my ‘67 auto column shift satellite, to help gain access to the instrument cluster. Now I’m trying to bolt it back up, and a little confused. FSM not real helpful on the topic. Do i tighten the collar around the bottom by the pedals first, or the 2 nuts that hold it to the underside of dash? Also, the keyways that the mount bolts can slide in seem to indicate the column is pulled out as far as it can go, should i tap it in further to center in the slots? What is the function of that adjustment range?

C7A87916-C5CE-493C-8BF1-4C2E5BA75A2E.jpeg

Well i just found the original tech video from 1967… i really opened a can of worms here, i regret lowering this thing now.

could you post a link to that video? I'm interested now. I've dropped a fww columns in the past and just nolted it back up. Never had any problems with them.

Auto Transport Service
Back