• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB Steering Column Lock Control/ Key Release Housing Spring

Status
Not open for further replies.

roadrunnerh

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:09 PM
Reaction score
HELP! :praying:

I've been rebuilding my steering column to convert the Scamp to floor shift.
Everything is done, but I need that spring! I made a couple attempts to create my own / make one work, but I need the factory spring.
PN 3575256
Please let me know if you have one, thanks!
Harry
IMG_1320.jpg

IMG_1321.jpg

HELP! :praying:

I've been rebuilding my steering column to convert the Scamp to floor shift.
Everything is done, but I need that spring! I made a couple attempts to create my own / make one work, but I need the factory spring.
PN 3575256
Please let me know if you have one, thanks!
Harry
View attachment 1484574
View attachment 1484576
Man, if you find something,please let me know. I did the conversion on my swinger and no one mentions that spring at all. Now my collar just kind of flops around. I have had no luck sourcing a spring.

1971-1979 floor shift Mopars. Any column with that key release tab, F Bodies, and Trucks too.

"I Found It At Carlisle!"
Apparently that still can hold true. While walking the Carlisle swap area Friday afternoon scoping '71 and up floor shift steering columns, I ended up meeting a vendor who had a couple different samples in differing states of condition. I told the man I truly only needed the spring, and if it's in tact and working, I'm happy.
He said "I have exactly what you're looking for" and disappeared into his trailer. He returned holding THIS Gem!
steering column carlisle.jpg
IMG_1354(1)2.jpg

The Dude asked $25, and I bought it!
Of course, here's my little score:
Carlisle column spring score.jpg

:drinks:Problem solved!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back