• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Steering column parts

dan juhasz

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:47 PM
Reaction score
Who is the best vendor for parts to rebuild my 67 floor shift steering column, looking specifically for upper and lower bearing and other smalls
Dan

Check with Richard, 69bfan first! He won't steer you wrong! Pun intended

Since we are on the subject I need lower support bearing for my 69 charger. Any suggestions for this 7 dollar bearing that seems to cost 90 bucks?

Is this Richard too? Can I press out that bearing or need the plastic pc comes with it and the bearing isn't serviceable?

20210520_223142.jpg

Last edited:
anyone know if you can push that lower bearing out ? or you have to buy entire plastic housing. i dont want bother to attempt if it's not possible.

anyone know if you can push that lower bearing out ? or you have to buy entire plastic housing. i dont want bother to attempt if it's not possible.
This guy on eBay had/has 2 of these, looks like yours

3E13AE08-91B6-438B-8F23-FC606AC8BAF9.png

This guy on eBay had/has 2 of these, looks like yours

View attachment 1114762

so i didnt find find this exact seller on ebay , maybe he sold out. i did find some others but still 90 bucks or so . going to keep digging. i might just make the collar on the lathe and press a bearing in it. Use the extra $90 to buy a tank of gas instead. lol

thought i'd update this with my rebuild of the steering column. End result rolls fantastic and cost $7 on ebay. i replaced upper bearing too , i purchased that from DM , i suppose i could have got something from local bearing shop... i used two set screws on outside of the lower bearing that came with it and it's a completely sealed bearing. also used part of the old plastic bearing housing as a spacer to keep the alignment of the shifter tube so it wouldn't rattle. i deleted the column shift altogether and welded the top so it wont roll. i use a floor shift, so the hardware for the column shift was all removed minus the tube, you still need it to assemble the column correctly. but i also i fiberglassed the hole for the shifter arm i cut off and gave everything a new coat of satin black.

pretty happy with the results.

column1.jpg
column2.jpg

20210703_095919.jpg

20210703_095911.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back