• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Steering column wiring

Ftlbs

Local time
7:28 PM
Reaction score
I have a 70 Roadrunner that I'm installing a new dash harness in. There are two red wires coming out of the column and a 3 wire connector with violet, green/black, and tan/white wires. I'm not seeing where these go. I have the service manual and can't find them there either. I've got a couple other connectors in the dash harness that Im having difficulty with as well and assumed I should post that question separately. Thanks for any help you can give.
PXL_20240428_163121737.jpg
PXL_20240428_163059225.jpg

The two small red wires are the key-in-switch leads, need to go into your ignition switch Molex. The three-connector plug indicates a C-body T/S switch, cornering lights, not used for your application.

The two small red wires are the key-in-switch leads, need to go into your ignition switch Molex. The three-connector plug indicates a C-body T/S switch, cornering lights, not used for your application.
Thanks! I was wondering if the column was original or not. Car is a four speed and I was thinking the column may have been for an auto car.

Thanks! I was wondering if the column was original or not. Car is a four speed and I was thinking the column may have been for an auto car.
Manual or auto column are close to the same. As said you have a c-body switch or column.

About the cornering lights feature

Ignition switch with cornering lights?

About the red wires for the key in switch/sensor.

Old vs New ignition switch connections in Electrical & Audio

If the ign switch is new “repro” or replacement and not old NOS or used, pay attention on the wiring setup, because it could get the extra black thin wire not used on A,B and E bodies as explained there (also several times around here).

For the red wires will need to reinstall new standard molex terminals
F7976572-01?pgw=1.jpg

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back