• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Steering shaft U JOINT 1963-66

EARLY B

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:06 PM
Reaction score
Anybody know of the part make and part number of a u joint that will fit the 3/4 diameter shaft at the coupler end the d shaped end? A standard 3/4 double d the flats are not wide enough to allow the double d to slide on. Do not want the factory couplers.

Get on Borgeson's web site. You'll need the spline count along with the shaft size. Lots of combo's/choices.

Get on Borgeson's web site. You'll need the spline count along with the shaft size. Lots of combo's/choices.
don't need a spline end just the dd end to fit original shaft

Did you swap out your steering column to a non stocker?

Did you swap out your steering column to a non stocker?
No stock steering shaft. The area where the d shape on the stock shaft is about a 0.100 thicker than a standard dd shaft there fore it will not slide on.

Interesting. The shaft on my 65 has the big pin. Have a picture of yours?

Interesting. The shaft on my 65 has the big pin. Have a picture of yours?
Yes mine also has the big pin where the shoes are. It's this flat area that is to big for a 3/4 dd to fit. Will going to machine shop and see if they can mill this down to fit.

Auto Transport Service
Back