• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Steet Outlaws, what a joke

There is one. Survivorman. I love this guy. He goes out into the wilderness and takes all his own shots. No camera crew.
Logs about 60 pounds of gear with him on top of surviving on his own.

Les Stroud is the real deal.

I hate the fake drama also. I just learn to ignore the poor acting that the writers and producer tell these car guys to do. ( If you want your show to continue than this is what we want.) I guess its necessaryto fill in air time. Most people would likely participate in a staged reality show if they were paid enough. As long as there are some hot cars and the subject is about the cars we all love . I can filter out the fluff. I can't stay away from it.

Great double episode last night! I don't know how they get away with closing down the street/hwy they race on, pack it full of people and trailers, have the whole place lit up like the 4th of July, run multiple races, multiple burnouts and not get busted; but every time they go out for a test hit for 1 minute and there are cops everywhere???!!! Any locals on FBBO here that could shed some insight? Who the hell is on the payroll or on the take to let this stuff go on? By now the local politicians/cops have to know their community is on national TV.

Anyway, great races all around last night and it looks like they backed up most of their talk beating the visitors and all. And the beetle walking the porshe, lambo, and GTR was funny too. Reminds me of that line in Days of Thunder, "Tires win races son."

I saw it too, one of the better episodes IMO.
I was talking with some friends a while back about the show and one of them said he read an article that said the streets that look like public roads are actually shut down to the public and any traffic that you see are on the payroll including cops, just like any other tv show or movie you see on tv, also nothing on the show is illegal although they want us to think it is, also all the people on the show are insured and bonded by the production company.

I tried to watch Naked & Afraid once, kept thinking I could smell butt crack and had to go outside for air.

Rick

yeah real track racecars that are actually driven from race to race last night, Drag Week guys, a couple legit low 7 & 8 second "1/4 mile cars & a high 6 sec. 215mph 1/4 mile 57 Bel Air {Lutz's} car from the "drag week" guys, none of them could hook up either, a crappy narrow crowned road spot/track, cold weather & 1/8 mile not really their forte, supposedly they will be in Calif., on next weeks episode, to take on more fast guys, in 1/8 mile racing... the track & a 1/4 mile, are a completely different animal... one of the better scripted episodes, I like the Chiefs GTO tube chassis 25-1 spec. S&W Racecraft with twin turboed big inch SB {but not 3000hp} basically racecar with plates

Last edited:
I was confused and thinking that Big Chief was an idiot because he was saying his engine was a "480 cubic inch Pontiac small block". I thought it was cool that he was actually using a Pontiac motor but I always thought the Pontiacs weren't either small or big blocks, 350 through 455 aren't they all the same block?

I know these shows are more "reality-based" than reality but why do they have to insult everyone's intelligence - showing him getting pulled over with no insurance, speeding and open zoomie headers and getting nothing but a warning???? I want to move to OKC if that's the case.

We still have SPEED in Canada... I haven't heard anything as to whether or not we will be losing it??? that said though I imagine since we still get new episodes they must be available to Download somewhere?

its still called speed but every episode is a re-run (except for maybe the nascar ones, which I don't watch). We are losing it.

I was confused and thinking that Big Chief was an idiot because he was saying his engine was a "480 cubic inch Pontiac small block". I thought it was cool that he was actually using a Pontiac motor but I always thought the Pontiacs weren't either small or big blocks, 350 through 455 aren't they all the same block?

I know these shows are more "reality-based" than reality but why do they have to insult everyone's intelligence - showing him getting pulled over with no insurance, speeding and open zoomie headers and getting nothing but a warning???? I want to move to OKC if that's the case.

Chief his car doesn't have zoomie's, wouldn't really work to well with twin turbos, that was his buddies Murder Nova... but I see you point, he got off with just a warning... Oklahoma isn't Calif. that's for damn sure, he'd been written up for every little thing @ a minimum... But I've been really lucky & gotten off with just a warning, a few times too {back in the late 70's early 80's}, but my cars were also way more or at-least closer to an actual street driven car, than his GTO is....

My bad, I was mixing up the Murder Nova and the GTO (watching on the DVR late at night).

Still wondering about Big Chief's motor. Is it a 455-based Pontiac? Or didn't Pontiac have some pro stock engines recently?

My bad, I was mixing up the Murder Nova and the GTO (watching on the DVR late at night).

Still wondering about Big Chief's motor. Is it a 455-based Pontiac? Or didn't Pontiac have some pro stock engines recently?

I'm not sure what his is, I didn't really see it very well, he said it's a Small Block.... the Pontiac Pro Stocks heads are based on a 5" bore center line &/or corporate BB Chevy, they have them for standard bore spacing too, they're not really Pontiacs at all just the corporate labeled GM performance type heads that are deemed stamped "Pontiac" or older ones like the P/S Buicks & Olds too... just a BB Chevy in disguise

What about old episodes of cops!?! I love that stuff! You can't stage a crack head. Either you are one or aren't haha

I didn't recognize any of the Calif. guys name or faces, the o'l Mike dude looked kind of familiar, all different people mostly younger guys now I guess, all SoCal too except one guy, I know it's probably all staged or even scripted, but the boys from OK handed the Cali-boys there a$$, took all the money, tried to take them to a crappy road thinking the Hi-HP OK cars won't hook, it backfired, for sure... pretty good episode last night, for a reality show... they ran at the no-prep ?? OK Thunder Valley track & showed no ET's or MPH's, grudge crap I guess, worried someone will know what they actually run... 4 of the 405 guys in the, 2 in small tire & 2 in big tire finals... I guess that they're track guys after all, they talk allot of smack about track guys too... seems they do allot of track racing testing also, in those full on, tubed, tinned, slicked, spooled, F/C caged, open exhaust, turbo-ed, blown, computerized, efi & N20, 480-707ci full on racecars, far from street cars that are driven at all, just because they have a license plate, doesn't make them street cars... ok off my soapbox... but they can drive/race em'

I've been reading some buzz online that there were faster cars available in California that got turned down. Also, there's some Chicago cars that handed them their butt up there in Chicago but they won't ever air that.

So the rumor's I've been reading is that they cherry-pick their opponents, if someone does ever win, it doesn't get shown.

Don't get me wrong they are beyond fast, they take high 4 second, low 5 second 1/8 mile cars and get them to hook on unprepped streets using all kinds of traction control tech and what not, but maybe not thee fastest in the nation, maybe, maybe not.

yeah, like I said it's scripted/staged probably... I know for a fact that there were guys that ran mid 7's on the street in NorCal & SoCal in the mid -late 80's, I'm pretty sure there are still some out there... look for my old thread about Any Concord Boys Here ?? or the post about racing outside of Oroville Ca., Mike M., Jim C., Jeff B., Bart U., Danny M., Rod V., Rod B., Rod Hollywood R., Rob D., Rob C., Jim B., Dan B., Scott H., Rocco P., Rod Pe., Tom F., Bret W., Ron C., Brenden M., Dave S., among others, I'm sure I've forgotten, some faster & some a little slower guys, most all hi 9's or faster, few of the faster guys with N20, Roots or Centrifugal Blown or Turbo-ed, but truly driven/cruised street cars {I'm not going to give the last names, without their explicit permissions} & many others were all very fast, without all the electronics, other than N20 controllers, ignition retards, line-loc's or trans-brakes & drove the cars, not great distances "usually" {would trailer them, if it was too far, too much money in engine, valve-train, loose converters, low gears, stiff suspensions & soft tires etc., to just wear them out with too much hi-way driving, to drive great distances} but regularly street driven cars locally, cruising SF East Bay & the Valley, Walnut Creek, Concord, Pleasant Hill, Antioch, Pittsburg, Fairfield, Sacramento, Cupertino, San Jose, Rohnert Park, Santa Rosa, Sebastopol, Watsonville, Salinas, Santa Cruz, Fremont, Milpitas, Livermore, SF, Oakland, Alameda, Modesto & more just in NorCal, drumming up street races, we would go down to SoCal or the Central valley, Terminal Island, Long Beach, Van Nuys, Pomona, Ridgecrest, Mohave, LA Co., Bakersfield, Turlock & Race sometimes with the Brothers I.B.S.R.A., down south.. My point is there was & I know, there are still some seriously fast street cars here, probably with allot more hi-$$$ cars with boosted, turbo's or N20, computerized electronics, traction aids & newer cars etc. now... I'm not sure who now thou, in the street world, I gave that up long ago, kind of out of touch, too much to lose now... I'll still play some if provoked enough, in a safe place...

Almost nothing where I live now, especially MoPars are rare... Police cracked down on the cruise nights a few gangs, mini-trucks & low-riders messed it up, for everyone else...

I know you might break out in a rash if you go there, but there's a thread at moparts in the racer's forum with some inside info from Monte Smith

I know you might break out in a rash if you go there, but there's a thread at moparts in the racer's forum with some inside info from Monte Smith

do you have a link ?? I don't go there much at all anymore...

Auto Transport Service
Back