• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Steve Magnante bought a 62 Dodge Dart

A old cop car is cool. Too bad it's a all door.

I bought a 62 Dart, and some told me I shouldn't have, overpaid, underpaid, asked me to sell it to them.
I passed by it for over 10 years, literally walked by it regularly, under a cover in a barn collection.
Don't know how I overlooked it all that time, knowing exactly what it was.
Get one in your possession, and see it regularly, it becomes even stranger/cooler.

I like how he paid up due to the ongoing working relationship, and his honesty on what he paid. Rare is it someone spills that detail, accurately.

His youtube views alone will pay for it, if not already.

Great car with multiple police spec stuff, too cool.

My only complaint is not every 62 has to be a max wedge clone, however, I bet one ride in a heavy duty more door monster would change my mind real quick.

I bought my 66 hemi from Don Wood from RAD machine shop Ludlow Massachusetts. Don is a friend of Steve’s who built the motor for a Hemmings article that Steve wrote.

A92F0D26-FA76-4D2D-8233-4BF607D39306.jpeg

Steve M. knows a alot of chit but he talks to darn fast!!! Yes it is great he actually tells what he paid and what all costs!
My 62 Dart more door went to a good home in Pa other week.
I have a 64 Savoy project that will probably get sold but if I keep it this poor boy ain't gong the MW clone route too expensive. Maybe the buyer will!
Probably get a 383 !!! with the 4 speed and good gears a fun ride for me!!

Thanks to @ga66mopar

Browsing that auction site yielded another 66 Coronet 440 with a 383-4 (and AC) in YY1 no less (but with black interior).

My collection is now up to 11 of the 1679 produced.

Sold cheap, too. $2400! I'd have been a player if I was aware of the auction.
Had title, and paperwork in original female owner's name!

LFQC.jpeg

Last edited:
Got her home in the garage. The car was better than expected.

upload_2021-11-17_9-52-29.jpeg

I bought the gold 66 coronet. Big Spring Texas was a long haul for me.
Thanks to @ga66mopar

Browsing that auction site yielded another 66 Coronet 440 with a 383-4 (and AC) in YY1 no less (but with black interior).

My collection is now up to 10 of the 1679 produced.

View attachment 1194773
Thanks to @ga66mopar

My collection is now up to 10 of the 1679 produced.

[

upload_2021-11-17_9-51-24.jpeg

@ga66mopar

Awesome!

SCORE!

Looks to be in similar condition to mine.

I thought the body looked pretty darn good in the pics.

My interior might be better but your fenders are better.

Twinsies?

Just realized I don't have my own car in my WH23G6 folder, so I have 11 documented so far.

Last edited:
Got her home in the garage. The car was better than expected.

I bought the gold 66 coronet.

I like it. Your car is well worth the money.
That '62 that Steve bought is hideous. $5000 for that car that needs floors ???

1 huh 4.jpg

I like it. Your car is well worth the money.
That '62 that Steve bought is hideous. $5000 for that car that needs floors ???

View attachment 1194797

The 62 Dart that we bought was $400 plus fees. We bought some NOS parts and a Poly 4bbl intake. Spent a $1000 total.

A bonus was that the Dart had a 400 engine in it from possibly a Cordoba

Sold that and a couple of NOS parts to help fund the trip. It was 760 miles one way for us.

The 62 has several good parts on it that we can use. It was worth the trip and I liked the way the auction was handled.
Everyone was nice and helpful.

I bought a few cars from that auction too. I wanted to bid on the 62 but talked myself out of it. I already had 3 to drag back to AZ! I think $5k was a little much for that 62. If you’re a cop car collector/restorer maybe. But he’s making a max wedge car! So he could have bought a better 4 door for less, IMO.

I probably have a 62 two door post car that would be a better candidate

Steve was a cool guy to meet in person. As for his new Dart.....well I wouldn't be surprised to see it on an upcoming Roadkill episode with Dulcich's turbo slanty under the hood. Or maybe a Gen3!

Steve was a cool guy to meet in person. As for his new Dart.....well I wouldn't be surprised to see it on an upcoming Roadkill episode with Dulcich's turbo slanty under the hood. Or maybe a Gen3!

I thought he said he’s building a 500 inch Max Wedge for it.

The 62 Dart that we bought was $400 plus fees. We bought some NOS parts and a Poly 4bbl intake. Spent a $1000 total.

A bonus was that the Dart had a 400 engine in it from possibly a Cordoba

Sold that and a couple of NOS parts to help fund the trip. It was 760 miles one way for us.

The 62 has several good parts on it that we can use. It was worth the trip and I liked the way the auction was handled.
Everyone was nice and helpful.

It was 1100 miles one way for me. Left on a Wed at noon got back at noon on Friday. It was worth the trip for me as well and I liked the way the auction was handled also plus they loaded the car for me.

Auto Transport Service
Back