• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

.......still waiting

To help pass the time, i bought some new boots for it...
these have some dog dish caps....should help "fatten it up a bit"
still like the magnums on it, but nice to have options :)

3e8cf22f-0dfd-4b37-ba34-6b832a39286e.jpg c157963c-a172-4f56-8ec1-315f364e5f80.jpg

wooohooo, i just checked and it left Brisbane 4 hours ago.....and its heading towards sydney, so the 14th may actually be correct. :praying:
Not trying to make you worry more than you are but I sold my 70 Challenger six pack back in 2012 that went to Sydney. We made the deal in late September and he didn't get it until January sometime. I remember it was on the ocean for a month before getting to Sydney but that wasn't the end either. I think it was in quarantine for at least two weeks before the new owner could pick it up. He said it was filthy dirty with a dead battery and the ignition on when he was able to collect it. It was shipped in a 40' container but who knows how it got in the shape it was. Those people do not treat things very nice IMO. I think it sat in a California shipyard for a few weeks before being loaded in the shipping container also. You would think that $15K would buy a little consideration but obviously not. I hope yours has a better trip.

Brendan, it will be under your butt before you know it. Congrats on the purchase!

Not trying to make you worry more than you are but I sold my 70 Challenger six pack back in 2012 that went to Sydney. We made the deal in late September and he didn't get it until January sometime. I remember it was on the ocean for a month before getting to Sydney but that wasn't the end either. I think it was in quarantine for at least two weeks before the new owner could pick it up. He said it was filthy dirty with a dead battery and the ignition on when he was able to collect it. It was shipped in a 40' container but who knows how it got in the shape it was. Those people do not treat things very nice IMO. I think it sat in a California shipyard for a few weeks before being loaded in the shipping container also. You would think that $15K would buy a little consideration but obviously not. I hope yours has a better trip.

i paid for mine in July......
i've seen photos of it in the California Shipyard, and its filthy and i know that the seller cleaned it before he shipped it as he sent me a video....
anyhow, there's nothing better than cleaning a dirty car and seeing the rewarding work pay off.... i cant wait to polish this baby until it gleams like new...!!

the reality is, it aint cheap or quick to ship a car over, and it aint cheap to buy one in Australia, so just gotta take the good with the bad..

Picking it up is the best feeling in the world. When I shipped my Barracuda from LA to London in 1997 it took ages. I went to London on a bus the day before Good Friday to collect it and drive it the 5 hours home. The shipping yard was a real mess, in the dodgy dockland area obviously and there was no professional handover. They sent me searching around for the car and I found it at the back of a container, covered in ****. The gas tank had been drained but luckily the battery had been disconnected so it wasn't flat. It took me about 3 hours to get it started with some help from some truckers who were hauling freight, then I had to drive it through Central London which was packed with Easter traffic to get to the motorway.
The whole trip was just epic, a real life experience.

Picking it up is the best feeling in the world. When I shipped my Barracuda from LA to London in 1997 it took ages. I went to London on a bus the day before Good Friday to collect it and drive it the 5 hours home. The shipping yard was a real mess, in the dodgy dockland area obviously and there was no professional handover. They sent me searching around for the car and I found it at the back of a container, covered in ****. The gas tank had been drained but luckily the battery had been disconnected so it wasn't flat. It took me about 3 hours to get it started with some help from some truckers who were hauling freight, then I had to drive it through Central London which was packed with Easter traffic to get to the motorway.
The whole trip was just epic, a real life experience.

Wow, sounds like quite the journey!!..im hoping to be able to drive mine 2hrs home....hopefully no issues...

Kudos to you for going Mopar and importing it.
I have great respect for that.
Here's some cool notes to pass the time..

hope you enjoy it soon.
Enough time to paint your steel wheels the matching F8 green colour

Carsten

I'm sure it will be worth the wait. Cool that you can track the ship.
You can track pretty much any ship/boat in the World with "Vessel Finder"....even identify one you see off shore....I live on the beach and have this in app form on my phone for when i see interesting craft. Shows some miltary ships too so real handy if you are a terrorist!!!
https://www.vesselfinder.com/

hope you enjoy it soon.
Enough time to paint your steel wheels the matching F8 green colour

Carsten

haha well, i'm actually debating this.....one half of me thinks the colour matching would be good.....this is actually F5 green BTW so the other half of me thinks the more black the better (to darken things up a bit)

Funny to think, my first drive will be a 2 hr one........kinda scary as well :S

as roadkill says, the way to find out of any issues is to take it on a road trip.

regardless, i'm excited as hell!!!
apparently its done some road trips in its past, so im hoping itll do just fine.

im still very new to the classic scene, so if anyone has any suggestions of what to check other than oil before the journey, it would be much appreciated.

Auto Transport Service
Back