• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

.......still waiting

Woohoo,
just took a mobile mechanic around there to have a look at it....minor adjustment and playing around with it for about 15mins and its fine.....

i drove it around the yard (albeit quite a small yard)...... but....WOW, you need to be a man to drive these old beasts, no power steering, no power assist brakes, clunky clutch, clunky gearbox....

i know this can all be improved but its a culture shock when its your first time.

my brother has a 65 mustang 289 with a C4 auto and power steering....it's in way worse shape than my RR however its a hella lot easier to drive....
with some adjustment, this may improve.

Woohoo,
just took a mobile mechanic around there to have a look at it....minor adjustment and playing around with it for about 15mins and its fine.....

i drove it around the yard (albeit quite a small yard)...... but....WOW, you need to be a man to drive these old beasts, no power steering, no power assist brakes, clunky clutch, clunky gearbox....

i know this can all be improved but its a culture shock when its your first time.

my brother has a 65 mustang 289 with a C4 auto and power steering....it's in way worse shape than my RR however its a hella lot easier to drive....

I was just getting ready to look you up. Now you're having fun :)

Woohoo,

No power steering and brakes is what it is. But "clunky" clutch and gearbox might be improved with some adjustments or repairs. When these are well set up, I do not think they are clunky. They are definitely not "short throw", but not clunky either!

Have fun!

No power steering and brakes is what it is. But "clunky" clutch and gearbox might be improved with some adjustments or repairs. When these are well set up, I do not think they are clunky. They are definitely not "short throw", but not clunky either!

Have fun!

yeh ok, look once i've given it a drive and rowed through the gears a bit more, i may have a different opinion......the yard at the compliance place is tiny so all i could do was about a 6 point turn and walking pace to the fence, 6 point turn and back again.....

This might put my driving experience into context.

on a positive note, i think there may've been some angels out the other day to help me by not letting me take this home via a very very busy fast paced highway with lots of hills for my first time out in it, probably better that i was forced to do it the "safe way" rather than bending it on the way home.............another positive, this thing sounds awesome, absolutely love the exhaust note and the paint work is actually very good.

so all positives today, i'm very happy!!!

the more i think about it.....the more i'm glad i didnt drive it home.....honestly, I'm not a wuss and I've lost my license countless times because of speeding etc (i'm no chicken behind the wheel), but the M1 up to Newcastle at 5pm is not a place I'd like to've tested out the brakes in this big heavy beast....

so i guess it was worth the extra stress and taking the safe route.

if anyone's interested, home sweet home :thumbsup:

20201223_192631.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back