• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stock Oil pan and pressure?

The whole thing sounds like a wimpy pump.

If you don't have front and rear baffles on hard acceleration or de-accelertion oil climbs to rear/front of pan. Guy I know had this problem.

Last edited:
yea .... the pump sounds week to me too. I'm wondering if the relief spring and valve are getting hung up with the cold oil ?.... and then comes loose after a rev of the pedal. From what I understand the spring and valve comes out real easy for cleaning and inspection? If that does not work ... new pump. any one replace the pump on the engine ? ....What does it take and how long did it take? I have put pumps on with the engine out, But never with the engine in and never messed with the spring and valve. As for the pan issue I went with the extra quart and had no issues last weekend. New pan will have to wait until I get it on a lift. I think some of this is covered in some old post on the forums. Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back