• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stock Vacuum Advance Needed

DC67

Local time
1:37 AM
Reaction score
Hello All,

I've scoured the web looking for a part that seems to be obsolete and before going ahead with a re-pop at $50+ I thought I would post this.

I have a single point ignition distributor on my 440 (1968 dated block) I am trying to repair vs. replace. The distributor number inside the casting is: 2875032 with no number stamped on the outside. I'm trying to find a distributor advance (since mine does not hold vacuum pressure on testing). x and Standard Motor Parts # that is now obsolete was given to me by customer service as VC-154.

Is there a supplier out there that carries this part for a reasonable price? The only supplier I have found is Classic Industries at the link provided. If anyone has used this part please let me know:
https://www.classicindustries.com/product/all-years/dodge/challenger/parts/mp3044.html

Cardone sells a new single point distributor (84-3816) and sells it for around $100 so I'm thinking this vaccuum advance must be out there somewhere for less that $52+shipping. I would use the entire Cardone unit but I found vertical play in the shaft - not measured but felt significant so I'd prefer to rebuild mine.

My Vaccum advance pictured below with the part # if anyone has advice on where to find a quality part at a reasonable price please let me know - and if anyone can recomend the Classic Industries part please let me know.

IMG_5506.JPG

IMG_5505.JPG

Hello All,

I've scoured the web looking for a part that seems to be obsolete and before going ahead with a re-pop at $50+ I thought I would post this.

I have a single point ignition distributor on my 440 (1968 dated block) I am trying to repair vs. replace. The distributor number inside the casting is: 2875032 with no number stamped on the outside. I'm trying to find a distributor advance (since mine does not hold vacuum pressure on testing). x and Standard Motor Parts # that is now obsolete was given to me by customer service as VC-154.

Is there a supplier out there that carries this part for a reasonable price? The only supplier I have found is Classic Industries at the link provided. If anyone has used this part please let me know:
https://www.classicindustries.com/product/all-years/dodge/challenger/parts/mp3044.html

Cardone sells a new single point distributor (84-3816) and sells it for around $100 so I'm thinking this vaccuum advance must be out there somewhere for less that $52+shipping. I would use the entire Cardone unit but I found vertical play in the shaft - not measured but felt significant so I'd prefer to rebuild mine.

My Vaccum advance pictured below with the part # if anyone has advice on where to find a quality part at a reasonable price please let me know - and if anyone can recomend the Classic Industries part please let me know.

View attachment 1528005

View attachment 1528006
Try @HALLIFAXHOPS on this site. He may have the NOS part you seek or can give you the sdvice on what you have. Email him.....
BOB RENTON

Don't buy the one Mancini sells. Seems like whoever is re-poping these things uses too light of a spring in the unit. From my experience the more degrees that the unit has the lighter the spring and even if they're adjustable it can lead to detonation issues. A 9 degree unit with the medium spring works well. Some of the Standard units have 10 degrees in them with a heavy spring; usable but a little touchy to tune.

Don't buy the one Mancini sells. Seems like whoever is re-poping these things uses too light of a spring in the unit. From my experience the more degrees that the unit has the lighter the spring and even if they're adjustable it can lead to detonation issues. A 9 degree unit with the medium spring works well. Some of the Standard units have 10 degrees in them with a heavy spring; usable but a little touchy to tune.

Thank you that's good to have you've had that experience. If I go that route I'll keep it mind. It's hard to tell what the specs are on these things from some websites so not even sure where to look up that information. I haven't actually got into tuning but just looking to match whatever stock advance is supposed to be there since my motor has never run well and had very rough idle so I'm trying to rule out all the variables.

Auto Transport Service
Back