• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stop in for a drink.

Templeton tour. This was a great tour, 2 more years and the bourbon will be ready.

1FF85C9F-EF2C-4F13-8888-0F7383C6E54E.jpeg

821DEE0E-BB21-4290-B264-08875336D724.jpeg

B88672F6-1CDB-4C2B-B930-83E92E85CF88.jpeg

EAA14BA8-31FE-4DBA-91C8-93AD78AAFECC.jpeg

242EF7A2-9AE3-4452-B910-191B4109DF33.jpeg

A fire and a dram of Jack Daniels Triple Mash

fire 2 10.10.22.jpg

fire 3 10.10.22.jpg

Damn....I have some back-reading to do now.... :lol:

Getting my A100 ready for its 6-monthly 'road safety test' tomorrow morning.......lined up my Lockdown Rum bottles. The only one I didn't drink was the Canadian Club....my son had that one. One of my electrical suppliers Reps distils his own hooch, and I said I'd get some empties for him. Not sure how many he wants to fill for me.... :drinks:

yoda-without-pics-this-thread-is-useless-BWVHSx_zpsf4c01222.jpg

Seems appropriate somehow ....

1639924504_bd4f6c2769_o.jpg

20221114_170652.jpg

20221114_170647.jpg

20221114_170644.jpg

I spy with my little eye, a drink left in bottle number 1.

A few pics from Vegas...
20221029_224538.jpg

20221028_223058.jpg

Wife and I did some damage...to our wallets and our livers lol.

A few pics from Vegas...
View attachment 1372947
View attachment 1372948

Wife and I did some damage...to our wallets and our livers lol.
I have a Weller FP, EH Taylor, and Blanton's on the shelf. I have tasted various Pappy pours. They aren't bad but not worth the price. I would like a bottle for my collection but I wouldn't want to pay much more than retail for it. MSRP starts out at around $50. Secondary market may be in the thousands. Crazy.

Last edited:
Damn....I have some back-reading to do now.... :lol:

Getting my A100 ready for its 6-monthly 'road safety test' tomorrow morning.......lined up my Lockdown Rum bottles. The only one I didn't drink was the Canadian Club....my son had that one. One of my electrical suppliers Reps distils his own hooch, and I said I'd get some empties for him. Not sure how many he wants to fill for me.... :drinks:

View attachment 1372942

Seems appropriate somehow ....

View attachment 1372943

View attachment 1372944

View attachment 1372945

View attachment 1372946

I spy with my little eye, a drink left in bottle number 1.
Appleton Estate was a favorite while vacationing in Jamaica years ago...

That looks like a $150.00 a shot right there. You have outstanding taste!!
We know the manager at both places. It wasn't free but it wasn't list price. He hooked us up. We like to splurge on good food and drinks when we visit.
I have a Weller FP, EH Taylor, and Blanton's on the shelf. I have tasted various Pappy pours. They aren't bad but not worth the price. I would like a bottle for my collection but I wouldn't want to pay much more than retail for it. MSRP starts out at around $50. Secondary market may be in the thousands. Crazy.
The Pappy isn't worth it. The rest just depends. I usually have an assortment of Weller and EH Taylor which are our favorites. I even have a few bottles of George T Stagg and Elmer T Lee. Buffalo Trace brands are our favorite.

Mike, I was down in your area tonight. Daughter s house baby sitting and eating O. P. Pizza
She lives just south of ridgeway

Cheers! I stayed home with a cold or RSV or what ever and the wife went to a play (boring) I got into some bottles to cure my ills. Forst some Old Charter. Smooth and thin but a great starter. Then onto Rebel 100. A little more body and depth of flavor. Then onto a Knob Creek single barrel. It's a barrel pick my Facebook group and another local bourbon group picked. It's 120 proof and a more bold and flavorful. It must be working because I quit coughing. Ya, I took my shots and am getting cured! :rofl: :rofl:

Feel better Mike!
Hope it goes away soon. I cancelled going to the Bourbon fest at Starks in Prairie Du Chien today because of this stuff. I am surprised how good I feel after a few samples of hooch! I should have started this earlier. :lol:

It has been a while since I was here. Time to open up the bar.
What's in your glass tonight?
I have The Glen Brothers. The same mash bill but different barrels and ages. Both different but both quite tasty.

driftless glen pair.jpg

The wife and are beer fans. We like lagers, pilsners, ales and will try stouts. We try to sample all the local breweries in an area where we vacation.
I must say North Carolina has someone finest brews we have ever had.

The wife and are beer fans. We like lagers, pilsners, ales and will try stouts. We try to sample all the local breweries in an area where we vacation.
I'm with ya there. I came from the beer hobby. I home brew and especially like my stouts.

LOL

sticky wicket.jpg5.jpg

0481E995-0D8A-48B7-A258-B20A5732699B.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back