• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stop in for a drink.

Always fun when a friend calls and is cleaning out his stash.

20230406_112058.jpg

Cheers to that. 1856 for the win.
I wish I had some pictures of some of the bars I've built. Built so many things in my life, never thought about pictures till now, as I get older. I had one bar that broke down and could be taken out through a 3 foot door. It was twelve foot long and 7 foot tall, glass and mahogany raised panels. It was stocked with just about any kind of liquor known to God. You wouldn't believe what something like that cost just in material alone. Every home that I had with one, the new owner insisted it stay when they bought it. I still have four bacardi dark handles and an old 151.I have no idea what to do with all of it now, no bar. It's all on a shelf in my pantry and basement.

I wish I had some pictures of some of the bars I've built. Built so many things in my life, never thought about pictures till now, as I get older. I had one bar that broke down and could be taken out through a 3 foot door. It was twelve foot long and 7 foot tall, glass and mahogany raised panels. It was stocked with just about any kind of liquor known to God. You wouldn't believe what something like that cost just in material alone. Every home that I had with one, the new owner insisted it stay when they bought it. I still have four bacardi dark handles and an old 151.I have no idea what to do with all of it now, no bar. It's all on a shelf in my pantry and basement.
I don't have a bar either. My 300+ are on storage shelves in the basement and in 3 or 4 other places in the house.

20230331_121205.jpg

I bought a few bottles from a friend thinning the herd. Damn. This barrel pick has girth!

20230411_165509 (1).jpg

It's whiskey Wednesday.
Hard to believe this is only $18.

20230419_191315.jpg

I'm happy to see that the #1 PIA moderator is a whiskey swilling drunk...but whatever!
:lol::lol:

I'm happy to see that the #1 PIA moderator is a whiskey swilling drunk...but whatever!
:lol::lol:
I don't have a drinking problem, I have a collecting problem. See post #466 above. Less than half of my 317 bottles

I don't have a drinking problem, I have a collecting problem. See post #466 above. Less than half of my 317 bottles
Oh I get it, I have the same addiction when it comes to car parts that I'll probably never use!
(I was just poking at ya in fun btw)...I like a drink of some nice liquor every now and then too.
For me, it's either one of the exquisite Armenian brandys, a top-shelf tequila or a fine Irish whiskey. Not being in my 20's anymore, I don't care for the run-o-the-mill stuff like the Jims, Jacks or Johnnys which is why I don't partake very often.
Gramps and his clan used to make their own "Armenian shine", better known as 'Raki'.
It's similar to Greek Ouzo or the Eye-talians' Anisette, in that it has a slight liquorice flavor...but man it warms you up from your toes to your head, in that order!

Oh I get it, I have the same addiction when it comes to car parts that I'll probably never use!
(I was just poking at ya in fun btw)...I like a drink of some nice liquor every now and then too.
For me, it's either one of the exquisite Armenian brandys, a top-shelf tequila or a fine Irish whiskey. Not being in my 20's anymore, I don't care for the run-o-the-mill stuff like the Jims, Jacks or Johnnys which is why I don't partake very often.
Gramps and his clan used to make their own "Armenian shine", better known as 'Raki'.
It's similar to Greek Ouzo or the Eye-talians' Anisette, in that it has a slight liquorice flavor...but man it warms you up from your toes to your head, in that order!
Sounds like fun! I have a few nice tequillia's and I enjoy Irish as well. Good Brandys are hard to come by.

Went out to lunch for our anniversary.
Had a Smoked Manhattan
Buffalo Trace Bourbon, Cinzano sweet vermouth, Bittercube Cherry Bark Vanilla Bitters, Angostura bitters.
IMG_20230520_142418.jpg
IMG_20230520_142426.jpg

while we're at the obx last week we stopped in lost colony waterfront tavern. They brew their own beers in Manteo. Anyway we sampled several and they make many good brews. We brought home a case of their scotch ale, brown ale and Irish red. If your in NC and like beer and ale try them you won't be disappointed
20230520_180149.jpg

I just finished brewing a Nut Brown Ale. Boy it sure smells good. Dang, I should have taken a few photos. It's in ferment but I can still snap a pic. Not too exciting. It will be more fun in an hour or two when the yeast starts working.

20230520_172449.jpg

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back