• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Strange Bracket On New AMD Fender

Runner 68

Tarnished Bronze Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:49 PM
Reaction score
I was prepping a new AMD fender today for a 68 Roadrunner, passenger side, and I came across a strange bracket that I have never seen before. I have 2 OEM fenders that don't have it and the spacing between the holes doesn't match the headlight bezel. In fact it covers the square hole for the true bezel mounting lug.

Has anybody seen this before? Any advice before I cut the f@cker off? If I strike out here I will call AMD before I do but I doubt they can answer the question with as many panels as they produce. Pics below of the new fender and the OEM fender.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Fender_Snip.JPG
IMG_1602.jpg

Those are '69 brackets !! Check the side marker holes and make sure they're not rectangular !!

Those are '69 brackets !! Check the side marker holes and make sure they're not rectangular !!
Thanks, no it's definitely a '68 fender, I'm stupid but not that stupid.
You confirmed my suspicions. My guess is because the 68-69 fenders are so similar that they tool for the worse case scenario. Plus I learned something today.
Cutting the fuckers off tomorrow.

Auto Transport Service
Back