• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

stroker poly

hacksaw

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:02 PM
Reaction score
i been doing some looking around and thinking on how i can use my poly even tho it has a bobo. it would seem that thay can be stroked and bored alot. like over 400 cubes. if im reading things right just about all the guts from a LA will work in the A block.., so why can't i use a 360 crank (after i have it turned) or find a 4 in crank someone has laying around cheap and do that?? it is already .060 over. the poly site sez .090 is doable .. not be me. lol. the only real thing is a cam. dose anyone even do a poly cam anymore?? kinda looking for some old guy input here. i do like poly's and do want to run it. don't want to be cheap about it and cut corners il regret later.. but cost is going to be a factor. let me know what ya think.
... thanks

I knew of a guy that had a very built 318, I don't know if it was stroked. As far as cams, you could call Delta Cams.

There has been many stroker polys. 390 cubes works well. 4" crank is what you need. I don't know who does the kits but just poke around in search here and FABO. Like this:

Do a search here for Gary Pavlovich. You'll find his contact details, email and telephone.
He's extremely knowledgeable, helpful, and passionate about polys and can supply all the parts you need too.
If you want value for money build a 360 or a 440. If you want something a bit different and a bit of challenge, then build the poly stroker.

Gary Pavlovich.
Parts for this one were sourced thru Gary.It was stroked to a 390. Also at the time Chrysler Power Magazine that is now gone.
Chrysler Power may still be found on the internet archives

IMG_2723.jpg

You need to contact Bruce at Toth Performance in Pennsylvania. He specializes in Poly motors.

His stroker kits and Poly heads are supurb !

He can port a set of heads and modify your rocker arms for a high lift cam.

You will not be disappointed

You need to contact Bruce at Toth Performance in Pennsylvania. He specializes in Poly motors.

His stroker kits and Poly heads are supurb !

He can port a set of heads and modify your rocker arms for a high lift cam.

You will not be disappointed
im not going to go nuts with it. 350/375 HP will be fine with me. I always have liked poly's. Thay pull real nice just with a 2bbl on them in a truck. i will for sure try and chat with him as i have seen the name before as to knowing whats up with a A block.
In the mean time im going to drop the dual quad 361 HP and 727 in the wagon just to try and have it up and running for Carlisle. I do have some 69/70 LA 318/360 truck cranks and rods up here so that ain't a thing. long as the block checks out il take my time and do the poly/4 speed in the wagon when she gets put up for the winter.

Toth Performance
Engine rebuilding service in Eau Claire, Pennsylvania

Temporarily closed
Toth Performance is temporarily closed. If that's wrong, you can suggest an edit.

Auto Transport Service
Back