• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Subframe connectors

Without welding them in, they are kind of defeating the purpose since the floor is part of the stabilizing structure in a subframe car. If you're going to do it, you might as well do it right the first time. Good luck.

I have such a stroker as well. Bolted in sub frame connectors during the restoration of the entire car. Didn’t weld them - maybe I should have - and obviously I still can - but the car was dynoed at 555 hp and seems to run solid and stable. May still weld - Ironbuilt is probably right especially if you’re going to run with it.

go over to 62- 65 they been talking about it also maybe give you some ideas

If you don't have traction....don't worry about it. They twist, when they hook.

I have researched this heavily over the years. Don't waste your time on bolt in.
Go with these http://store.uscartool.com/66-70-B-Body-frame-connectors.html
You will have to do some "fitting", more work to install, but a good investment none the less.
IMG_0901.JPG
IMG_0906.JPG

Last edited:
I had to weld them in my e-body ragtop. Unbelievable, how much those cars twist.

2edwr38.jpg

US Cartool stuff is the best I found. Even then the gaps are a lot. Build the edges up with a brass bar and get frame connector to touch the bottom of the floor pan.grinding wheel or 40 grit flapper or trim back for tight radius works good. I tried not to beat the pan down.The power of the weld it’s self will twist the car if the gaps are bad. Also who wants a beat floor pan is there pan is minty. Both rails should should be tacked in witha 1” stitch up there. I started front to back welding each rail at the same time so to make sure things aren’t moving. You can even throw a strong back between them to keep them inline for good measure.0.23 solid wire is best. Go hot or go home. The larger wire won’t melt untill the voltage is higher and you will burn holes by that point in the floor.The when your in the overhead you shoot the weld out leaving no cold lap.

Weld them sub-frame connectors in. I have a 470 stoker in mine. Also, it would be cheap insurance to invest in a torque strap as well

092.jpg

I believe it is better to weld them in. I have US car tool connecters and torque box on my Charger I'm building for 511stroker. They needed some trim work but in the end fit pretty good. Took a weekend to get everything welded in. A pro should be able to do in an 8 hour day I would think.
20190119_164250.jpg
20190119_164258.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back