• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sublime or Plum Crazy on the Bee?

What color???

• Plum Crazy

Votes: 12 28.6%
  • Sublime

• Go Man Go

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Burnt Orange

• Titty Pink

Votes: 2 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If you want an impact colour, Mopar in origin, have a look at the 08 Viper Snakeskin colour...wow...I sprayed the colour last year...amazing. Nothing else like it.

Yeah....I know. There was a 70 GTX (I think it is) that is FM3. It was in Colorado for some time. I think it was "related" to an FM3 70 Cuda a friend used to own. (like maybe the two cars were owned by the same person at one point) I believe both cars are restored now.

Plum crazy all the way !!!

I am partial to the Plum crazy.

By the way I voted for the tittie pink :yes: some one had to:tongueflap:

I guess if you're gay you can go with FM3 and let everyone know:grin:
KID

easy, nothing like spanking a brand X with a pink car.

PCu2.jpg

Plum cracy is a cool color that I'm sure was ordered new by both men and woman. I can't imagine any guy ordering FM3 new? I know it's cool now, but I'd have to believe that it was like getting a Modtop car!
KID

See, Thats to much pink. I like steel wheels but that car needs rallyes.

You are probably right. I cant see a guy ordering a pink car new either. At least not in the 70s.

At least that Bee is the right color. FM3 is kinda like FC7, and painters get the color wrong.

The problem is the cars are 40 years old now. Hard to tell what shade was correct. Also with there being no lead in paint now some pigments aren't correct anymore.

Also some new cars have 5 or 6 variations of the same color. Im sure there were a few variations of them back then. Someone adds a bit to much pigment to the barrel, they arent going to toss 55 gallons of paint cause the color a bit off. If it wasnt stirred the same the color could be off, Different air pressure ext.. You get the idea.

Interesting, I really though Plm Crazy would be far the most popular, you love it hate it I guess.

Before I bought my 66 Coronet back in 1989, I had a 1970 Charger R/T that was the FK5 Burnt Orange with a black vinyl top and a white interior. All of my "finished restored pictures" of the body and interior were lost in a move years ago, but here's a some before, during and after pictures of the car before the body restoration was completed and after LOTS of work was done to the engine and engine compartment, the chassis and the interior. The FK5 is an AWESOME color for ANY 68 and up B-Body car in my humble opinion, as it's a VERY deep and rich looking color! :yes::grin:

Richard

1970 Charger RiT - before any restoration #1.jpg

1970 Charger RiT - car show #2.jpg

1970 Charger RiT - engine compartment before restoration #6.jpg

1970 Charger RiT - engine compartment before restoration #1.jpg

1970 Charger RiT - installing new HP 440 #1.jpg

1970 Charger RiT - engine compartment during restoration.jpg

1970 Charger RiT - engine compartment during restoration #2.jpg

1970 Charger RiT - engine compartment during restoration #5.jpg

1970 Charger RiT - engine compartment after restoration #2.jpg

1970 Charger RiT - engine compartment after restoration #1.jpg

Non factory FC7 cars don't go over very well at Mopar shows (kinda like Rallye Wheels on pre-70 A-Bodies). However, on the street and at shows/cruises the purple is a hit. Your car, your call.

I'm an FK5 kinda guy myself. I would only paint a car purple if FC7 was on the tag. Just my $0.02

If it has to be something other than the orig. color I would go with Plum crazy. Personaly if it was my car I would keep the stock color combo, It's cool and differant... but that's me.

Just so you know, I haven't manipulated the numbers on the poll:grin:

but it looks like a 3 way tie

Auto Transport Service
Back