• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Submarine on expedition to Titanic wreck goes missing, "search and rescue operation" underway

If I was stuck down there, and still alive. I would occasionally be banging s.o.s. on the hull to let anyone know above that we're still alive. And rescue us. No noise no communication is not a good sign.

Where are they on the 96 hour clock?

Well dartfourforte, tell us why you think at 12000 feet down, the submersible wouldn’t be crushed like a beer can.

You would think people with that much money, could find something better to spend it on. I guess the adrenaline rush costs Too Much sometimes. RIP...

would think people with that much money, could find something better to spend it on.
Gave this a thought as well, like buying a pristine ultra-rare mopar most can’t afford. If they’re still alive, would bet they would a liked to 2nd guess taking their ride. Have seen all that seems to satisfy my curiosity viewing the Titanic on – video. What's the big attraction? Telling friends you viewed it through a small porthole much as the lights may provide?
Five people stuck in a tube for 3 days, hope the shitter is working.

The hull appears to be non-circlular, at that pressure, IF not equalized inside & out, CRUSH. IF leak (hull breech), bodies STILL "dust in the ocean". The access "hatch" is the whole nose, both mating surfaces (metal/steel/aluminum) need to be PERFECT, like <1 mm imperfection, shift in hatch, breeched hull, vaporized humans. Then theres hypotheria

I believe the sub has a “return to surface” safety feature which didn't appear to work. Also, not not sure if enough time in water to reach the Titanic. One was talking entanglement with Titanic wreck but he also stated tales about 2 hours to get down that far? Sub is allegedly rated for around 4000 meters (2.485 miles) but No sounds, no sub, not looking good at all!

download.png

...and it's mighty dark down there! Note: Titanic resting place is shown in this graphic.

Benthic_Pelagic_Zones (1).png

Source:
Ocean Zones

Delta V,
Cool graphic but Sperm whales can go a lot deeper if they choose to.
1687312553204.png

They have been known to dive as deeply as 10,500 feet (3,200 m), but average dives are about 4,000 feet (1,200 m) deep. The Sperm whale can hold its breath for about an hour. Whales breathe air at the surface of the water through a single, s-shaped blowhole. The blowhole is located on the left side of the front if its huge head.

www.enchantedlearning.com/subjects/whales/species/Spermwhale.shtml

Still doesn't help those souls aboard that sub. Sooooo sad.

Where is "Davey Jones' Locker"? Asking for a squid friend of mine.:rolleyes:

96 hours runs out Thursday.

You'd think they'd also have multiple distress locating beacons.

96 hours runs out Thursday.

You'd think they'd also have multiple distress locating beacons.
More I’ve been reading on this, the less is apparent about safety features like a beacon and stories, yet to be confirmed, about the actual integrity of this vessel at such depths. CEO of the company is on board. Reminds me of the space shuttle disasters where engineers were ignored cuz they were saying things some didn’t want to hear.

I am passionate for my fellow man and I hope they can rescue the sub soon. I do have to ask, how much is this rescue costing? There are billionaires on board. I hope they open up their checkbooks if they survive. Just sayin'

More I’ve been reading on this, the less is apparent about safety features like a beacon and stories, yet to be confirmed, about the actual integrity of this vessel at such depths. CEO of the company is on board. Reminds me of the space shuttle disasters where engineers were ignored cuz they were saying things some didn’t want to hear.
ANd they run the sub with a kids game controller. :lol:

I'm pretty sure they said "like" a game controller.

...but "fly by wire" has been around for decades.

Auto Transport Service
Back