• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Super Stock Springs

Ryguytoodry

Local time
3:13 PM
Reaction score
It says on summit that you have to buy an aftermarket shackle for ss leafs... Why is that?

Never heard that before.....wonder why?

Something about the length of the leafs? I haven't seen anyone talk about it on here, that's why I was wondering. Hmmmm

Somebody will chime in on whether it's B.S. or not.

Double hole on hangers that mount on front at front, changes ride height

The front half of the spring is shorter on SS springs than on a factory spring. I can't remember how much, I think 2" is the difference.

Right. The new ss spring front section is shorter. You need new front hangers, not shackles.
The front half of the spring is shorter on SS springs than on a factory spring. I can't remember how much, I think 2" is the difference.

62 to 65 do not need new front hangers springs bolt rite in thanks.Bob

62 to 65 do not need new front hangers springs bolt rite in thanks.Bob

Check with Mancini--there are a number of SS spring lengths available; I had to get new front hangers for mine. You should NOT have to get new shackles.

I got 3400 pound ones from Summit and they bolted rite in on my 63 fury. thanks Bob

62-63 B-body uses the same 20" front segment (same as a-body) from the factory. SS springs are a virtual bolt in for those cars.

The 64-65 will need a different front hangar for the SS springs.

The shackles do NOT need to be replaced.

It's always a good idea to use new rubbers on the rear shackles, though when installing new springs.

62-63 B-body uses the same 20" front segment (same as a-body) from the factory. SS springs are a virtual bolt in for those cars.

The 64-65 will need a different front hangar for the SS springs.

The shackles do NOT need to be replaced.

It's always a good idea to use new rubbers on the rear shackles, though when installing new springs.

I agree with everything Dodge 330 said. I know that '64 cars need the extended front hangers - mine did. You'll also need longer shocks.

Auto Transport Service
Back