• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

superbird jack handle -is this one of em???

paris401

Local time
10:24 AM
Reaction score
i found this handle in my loft during cleanup- i must have marked the tag saying 'white-bird' - the only white bird that i had was a 70 superbird... does anyone know whether or not its for a superbird... thanks

Post a pic of it so the folks around here can see what you're talking about.

i don't think it had '2' jacks... i think it only had a scissors jack. but i don't remember

this_thread_is_worthless_without_pics.gif

Got excited there, thought you had a scissor jack handle, not the post jack handle/lug nut wrench.

Birds have both jacks...
superbirdcleanup20182019 1359.JPG

No bumper at the front to hook the bumper jack to I guess.
To get the front wheel off you needed the scissor jack under the chassis?

does my handle look like a 70 superbird part??
"Nut" straight section looks long, but it could be camera angle. As Kiwigtx states, the Superbird post jack is the jack that came in every '70 Satelitte and Road Runner

Not sure if the exact size was ever decided on a sbird, Mopar John did some research a while back maybe contact him. Pic of what I have that are the lengths others with original cars had, black one was in mine. I think yours is a c-body size.

20221103_135845.jpg

Last edited:
It really does point to just how special these cars really were and realising that the factory engineers actually envisioned people driving these cars on the roads and possibly getting a flat tyre.
Realising this they decide to sell the car with two jacking systems - this would be absurd today - the accountants would all be jumping off the roof of the building.

thanks guys- next stop for the handle is gershow recycle...

hey if anyone needs a jack handle for a 70, u can have it for free... just pay whatever the postage may be... otherwise it will be part of the next nissan or toyota u buy...

hey if anyone needs a jack handle for a 70, u can have it for free... just pay whatever the postage may be... otherwise it will be part of the next nissan or toyota u buy...
It is probably more commonly known as a 'Lug Wrench' :thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back