• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

superbird jack handle -is this one of em???

paris401

Local time
4:24 AM
Reaction score
i found this handle in my loft during cleanup- i must have marked the tag saying 'white-bird' - the only white bird that i had was a 70 superbird... does anyone know whether or not its for a superbird... thanks

Post a pic of it so the folks around here can see what you're talking about.

i don't think it had '2' jacks... i think it only had a scissors jack. but i don't remember

this_thread_is_worthless_without_pics.gif

Got excited there, thought you had a scissor jack handle, not the post jack handle/lug nut wrench.

Birds have both jacks...
superbirdcleanup20182019 1359.JPG

No bumper at the front to hook the bumper jack to I guess.
To get the front wheel off you needed the scissor jack under the chassis?

Not sure if the exact size was ever decided on a sbird, Mopar John did some research a while back maybe contact him. Pic of what I have that are the lengths others with original cars had, black one was in mine. I think yours is a c-body size.

20221103_135845.jpg

Last edited:
It really does point to just how special these cars really were and realising that the factory engineers actually envisioned people driving these cars on the roads and possibly getting a flat tyre.
Realising this they decide to sell the car with two jacking systems - this would be absurd today - the accountants would all be jumping off the roof of the building.

thanks guys- next stop for the handle is gershow recycle...

hey if anyone needs a jack handle for a 70, u can have it for free... just pay whatever the postage may be... otherwise it will be part of the next nissan or toyota u buy...

hey if anyone needs a jack handle for a 70, u can have it for free... just pay whatever the postage may be... otherwise it will be part of the next nissan or toyota u buy...
It is probably more commonly known as a 'Lug Wrench' :thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back