• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superbird question and a decent backstory.

71 bird

Local time
11:10 PM
Reaction score
First and foremost Hi everyone haven't posted on here in a long while, been tied up lately and recently really getting back to rebuilding my 71 rr.

But enough about me, today I was sitting down talking to my father about some cars that used to be around town and he asked me if I remembered the super bird that was rotting away a little north of our town. We got to talking about the car and he said it had been sitting there since the late 70s owned by some guy who wouldn't give anyone the time of day, let alone ask anything about the car. My father told me that he never got close enough to it or couldn't see it clearly because of all the crap the owner had on top and around it but the friend who showed my dad the car said it had a hemi. the car is gone now (my guess is some one stole it because he wasn't giving that car up) and I don't have any pictures of the car unfortunately but what I remember tucked off in the corner of this guys yard under a carport sat an alpine white super bird with rot around the entire lower half of the car, but the one thing that stood out in my mind was the decals over the headlights, which were red. I've only seen them in black, and was wondering if this was an option? I know they make reproduction stickers but the thing is this was the early 90's and the car didn't move from the mid 70s why would some one put the decals on?

Just curious did the headlight decals come in other colors then black?
if so how rare would a hemi/alpine white with red decals be?

I'm sure someone painted them red, then put the bird decal on the LH bucket. There were five decals on the nose of Superbirds, the two large outside the headlight buckets, the two on the top of the buckets, (all black) and the lettering with standing bird over the LH bucket decal.

Auto Transport Service
Back