• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

superstock hood scoop bolt down set up

Bigal75

Local time
5:06 PM
Reaction score
I was wondering if someone could post some pics showing how they bolted the hood scoop down. What type of bolts or studs etc.. it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Do you have a steel, aluminum, or fiberglass scoop, original or after market, max wedge or hemi, what year?

Well on my 63 I bought this glass hood and put this glass scoop on it which the scoop was given to me by a friend. The scoop had studs on it so it was very easy to install. Underneath I just used flat washers with normal nuts on the studs which were not real big as the studs may be about 3/16. I also put some locktite on each one as to not have to worry about a nut coming loose and falling in a bad place. I just cut about a 14" hole in the hood and then layed the scoop on the hood and marked each stud to drill the holes for the studs. Ron

408817568.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back