• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superstock springs

Here's my opinion of Superstock springs.
There aren't as fast as Caltracs but IMO not enough gain to buy them.
My Superstock springs are more comfortable with my bad back As I can drive my Street Car to the bank and cash my welfare check and buy weed for my bad back and live off the government and also collect a disability check so I can drive 3.5 hours to Carlisle as my back doesn't hurt much when I'm cruising in a 59 year old muscle car.
Then I'll smoke up a storm when I get there to ease the pain.
How's that sound?

I just saw an albino skunk as I'm on vacation.

- - - Updated - - -

383 ron, have you ever seen a white skunk before?

Hey Bobtile: AS you are on vacation and AS you're at the zoo is that where you saw the albino skunk?

- - - Updated - - -

I've seen a 5 headed SKUNK,but that doesn't change the fact that a rollbar is needed at 11.50

I raced for 3 years in the high 10s at Etown without a rollbar. Now as I sometimes run in the high 9s I have a full roll cage. Just sayin...

Here's my opinion of Superstock springs.
There aren't as fast as Caltracs but IMO not enough gain to buy them.
My Superstock springs are more comfortable with my bad back As I can drive my Street Car to the bank and cash my welfare check and buy weed for my bad back and live off the government and also collect a disability check so I can drive 3.5 hours to Carlisle as my back doesn't hurt much when I'm cruising in a 59 year old muscle car.
Then I'll smoke up a storm when I get there to ease the pain.
How's that sound?

You sound like you have serious problems but at least you have found the cure for what ales you as

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Bobtile: AS you are on vacation and AS you're at the zoo is that where you saw the albino skunk?

- - - Updated - - -

I've seen a 5 headed SKUNK,but that doesn't change the fact that a rollbar is needed at 11.50

I raced for 3 years in the high 10s at Etown without a rollbar. Now as I sometimes run in the high 9s I have a full roll cage. Just sayin...

I am on vacation as I deserve it as my job take quite the toll on me mentally and physically. But alas, my white skunk was running through my campsite as I was by the fire having a cocktail.

I had the superstock spring from Mexico, ran them about 2 years they were still ok . But i sold them off and went down the caltracs road. I luv them. My old S/S springs are still going good on a 70 R. R. I think its just luck of the draw as my mate that he got same time as me dint last 2 years.

I bought my SS springs from Mancini in 2000, they're probably due to be replaced.

I bought my 3400 lb SS springs from Mancini around 2005 and they are holding up great. I actually said I got them 6 years ago in my other post but when I looked it up I realized I as wrong and I bought them in 2005. The car still sits the same height and still hooks the same. I put alot of street miles on it every year and have raced it and average of twice a year since last year. I usually put from 4 to 6 passes on it when I go to the track. Ron

Well, they may still be ok. the car still sits the same(lean) & they seem to still work as they should ... when i go to the track. Maybe i listen to too many stories about leafs losing their arch/tension.

Thanks to me I got Bobtile a set of SS Springs from my friend. As there were no shipping fees either.

He ripped me off.

I might be wrong, but the "modern" SS springs were originally designed for the '68 Super Stock Darts & Cudas. The A body front segment of the A body is 20". My '65 Coronet had 21" front segment, which I thought was the pre - 66 B body dimension. 1968 & later B body & all E body use a 22 " front segment. If you want to use a SS spring in a GTX (67 or later) a shorter front spring hanger is needed. Good luck.
I have 21 inch front segment springs on my 64. I can't speak for the 63, but to maintain the stock location, I had to drill the SS hangers. My springs sagged from the start. Was a huge fight to send them back. Still got stuck with the hangers, since I drilled them. I went with ESPO springs. Been on the car for over 10 years.

I might be wrong, but the "modern" SS springs were originally designed for the '68 Super Stock Darts & Cudas. The A body front segment of the A body is 20". My '65 Coronet had 21" front segment, which I thought was the pre - 66 B body dimension. 1968 & later B body & all E body use a 22 " front segment. If you want to use a SS spring in a GTX (67 or later) a shorter front spring hanger is needed. Good luck.
I don't have a 67 B hanging around anymore to check but the 66 and the 67 Belvedere body cars are both the same style and can't see them changing the front segment length between the two years.

I have a Q for you guys ? I just got my rear set in and the L tire is about a 1/4" forward than the left. Both the super stock springs are mounted rite but the R pin seams to be about a 1/4" farther back ???
I have the 455 and 454 springs in a 69 runner. I have been picking my brain aprt trying to find out why ?!?!?!?
I had a Great member here bring me super stock front hangers to check my front eye location and I am dead on there ! But at a Sag with the rear out the center pins have a 1/4" split ? Is this normal ? if so why ? I know my frame is squair and so on but with the big tires on the L is hitting the lower body in the front and about 1/2" or so away on the R !
I did figure I would need to trim this ariea but WTF !!!
Maybe its the body panels as thay have been redone. I am at a loss !?!??!?

- - - Updated - - -

OK I just did an exact mesurement. the R pin is 3/8" farther back than the L ?
Both front eye bolts in the SS position !!!
Now what ?!?!?!?

Ok I pulled the springs out and layed them L on top of R spring with a 5/8 rod through the front eye. Now the R spring has a greater arch than the L as expectid. But when I set the top spring flats in line the R spring pin is farther back ! Now is this due to the greater arch and will they even out when fully settled ? Os is it just a pair of POS mexico springs ?
Anyone here ever run into this ?
Anyone have a set of SS spring that could use a rebuld as I can rebuld them with these ply stacks as the main ply is the problem here !!
Hit me up here or in a PM .
Thanks

Well I dont think I will lower myself to have a dispute over who's car is more of a street car. I cant help it you dont have a roll bar in your street car but mine is fast enough that I cant race without a rollbar. I have to drive 45 miles one way to my home track but this sounds more like you have an additude problem and I believe I know what it is and I also could not care less about your additude. Got a problem then PM about it. Ron

Ron (383MAN),
What you have to understand that Bobtile is just messing with your brain. He means none of it, He is just joking. He does have kind of a "warped and sick" sense of humor...but he absolutely means nothing by it. He is a good guy.

Well First off I posted this here as I was in a pickle and was Hoppeing to get some input as if anyone has had this problem ? But some just want to well you know ??
Anyway FYI , I pulled the spring packs apart only to find the R one has the hole off to the L one. And the center bolt on the R one looked like a Noodle ( bent to crap ) when I removed it SO I hope the helps you guys who want to by new MEXICO bult SS spring look them over as soon as you get them !'As for me I bult my own set and am moving forward on the buld !
Funny thing is as with the rest of the car it all Hand buldt and not all Store Bought !! Feels GOOOOD !!!!!

Ron (383MAN),
What you have to understand that Bobtile is just messing with your brain. He means none of it, He is just joking. He does have kind of a "warped and sick" sense of humor...but he absolutely means nothing by it. He is a good guy.

Thanks for the kind words Mike. I am sick and twisted as many people have found out.

- - - Updated - - -

Well First off I posted this here as I was in a pickle and was Hoppeing to get some input as if anyone has had this problem ? But some just want to well you know ??
Anyway FYI , I pulled the spring packs apart only to find the R one has the hole off to the L one. And the center bolt on the R one looked like a Noodle ( bent to crap ) when I removed it SO I hope the helps you guys who want to by new MEXICO bult SS spring look them over as soon as you get them !'As for me I bult my own set and am moving forward on the buld !
Funny thing is as with the rest of the car it all Hand buldt and not all Store Bought !! Feels GOOOOD !!!!!

I don't appreciate you talking about the Mexicans on my thread.

- - - Updated - - -

But here is a picture anyway.

Attachments

• 20150823_153828.jpg
    20150823_153828.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 157
Auto Transport Service
Back