• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SureGrip Oil

Ken56

Local time
4:09 AM
Reaction score
Hi, What oil and additive are you using in your suregrip posi?
Thanks, Ken

Regular mineral, 90 weight with a 4oz bottle of Motorcraft Friction Modifier.
Mike

When I ran a clutch diff, Lucas 85/140 non-synthetic and a bottle of the ford limited-slip perfume. You may prefer the lighter weight oil, I use what was recommended by my shop (it's plenty hot and dusty here).
Helicals do not require the additive but I use the same oil.

Good old dinosaur 80W90 Gear oil and a bottle or two of whale oil.
1969dartcleanupweek17 023.JPG
1969dartcleanupweek17 026.JPG

Redline 80/140 syn LSD oil. Comes with additive in the oil.

Mineral oil, of proper weight for the weather, (I use 85/140 for the 90-120°F here) and Motorcraft additive. NO SYNTHETIC for me!
(And Beanheads post autocorrected conical [cone style suregrip] to helical)

Mineral oil, of proper weight for the weather, (I use 85/140 for the 90-120°F here) and Motorcraft additive. NO SYNTHETIC for me!
(And Beanheads post autocorrected conical [cone style suregrip] to helical)
No, I meant helical. I've had an Eaton TrueTrac in there for about 5 years now and love it. I wouldn't use a cone diff unless I was really trying to keep something original.

The builder that did mine in my Charger said any mineral oil and gave me 2 bottles of the Yukon additive.
He's probably done thousands of them.

No, I meant helical. I've had an Eaton TrueTrac in there for about 5 years now and love it. I wouldn't use a cone diff unless I was really trying to keep something original.
Oops. I forgot about the gear lsd's. Thanks for the correction. (Spools and lockers for me. I don't need the Motorcraft stuff either...lol)

Oops. I forgot about the gear lsd's. Thanks for the correction. (Spools and lockers for me. I don't need the Motorcraft stuff either...lol)
I've been tempted to "just spool it" too! Maybe on the coming S60 build...

I've been tempted to "just spool it" too! Maybe on the coming S60 build...
Bean, for a drag car only, or one that sees VERY limited street use, I would probably put a spool in a dana, just cause the clutch suregrip is SO heavy. It would cut down on the weight penalty a dana comes with.
I've got a spool in one 9", a lock-rite locker in the other 9" and a Detroit locker in my 8 3/4.
Edit oops, almost forgot. Clutch "posi" (lol!) in the stock dana.

Auto Transport Service
Back