• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suspenders, belt, rope?

What do you use?

• Belt

• Suspenders

• Rope

• Nothing

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Overalls it is!

D657EF5F-D5BD-4CE1-84E1-078F95298562.jpeg

Last edited:
Perhaps a bright orange jumpsuit is the solution. :lol:

600-02201341en_Masterfile.jpg

Wore overalls back in the 70's when they were somewhat popular and they were ok but suspenders on pants....didn't care for them so it's a belt for me. Several of my 'shop shorts' have a rope but it's just tight enough to keep them from falling off unless the humidity is really dry.

How come elastic waste bands aren't listed?

:lol:
That's what you retired old men wear! Pulled up to the middle of your chest! Lol Today I forgot to put a belt on so I am using a zip tie to keep them from falling down! Freiburger would be proud of me!

That's what you retired old men wear! Pulled up to the middle of your chest! Lol Today I forgot to put a belt on so I am using a zip tie to keep them from falling down! Freiburger would be proud of me!
Better than look at some fat slobs butt crack.

Better than look at some fat slobs butt crack.
Crack kills! My wife was putting groceries away under the counter the other day, and I said are you a plumber? She got pissed when I stuck my finger down the back of her pants as I said it! Lol

I have had to use the zip tie many times

Suspenders for when 'I where my tool pouches'
takes a load of my hips
otherwise I wear a belt, when needed

I had my first pair of jeans on this morning in weeks. A couple of hours was enough of the torture. Any pressure on the hips with a bad lower back can be plain hell. Came home and put the bibs on.

Pretty much what my granddad wore bibs with a button down short sleeve shirt, we kids called them over alls. I have an insulated pair of bibs that I wear in the winter, zip down side of the leg to get in easy, nice and warm on the 25 degree days. Be nice if the lightweight bibs had zippers.

Pretty much what my granddad wore bibs with a button down short sleeve shirt, we kids called them over alls. I have an insulated pair of bibs that I wear in the winter, zip down side of the leg to get in easy, nice and warm on the 25 degree days. Be nice if the lightweight bibs had zippers.
Where would you want zippers? My Big Smiths have a zipper at the fly. Don't need one anywhere else except maybe up the sides. But the buttons do the job.

Great conversation going on! I didn't even think about bib overalls.

Carhartt Carpenter pants with a belt for everyday. As a Lineman, I wore Carhartt Brown Duck bibs for years over my regular work clothes in the winter with a heavy sweatshirt. Hands down the most comfortable and maneuverable for linework. I've never had a pair of insulated bibs, the heat is in the work lol. Brown duck bibs take a good year to "wear in", and NEVER launder them. If you do, lifespan will be half. I haven't found a good pair of bibs that are lightweight and have leg zippers yet.

Auto Transport Service
Back