• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suspension settings with 17' and 18" wheel and tires

avidflyr

Local time
8:13 AM
Reaction score
My 64 Polara is off the Rotissere and home from the paint shop. I'm assembeling the front suspension with Boxed LCA and Tubular UCA with rod ends. The Tubular strut rod is also adjustable.Torsion Bars are .960" Also 4 wheel Disc Brakes and full PST Rebuild Kit with sway Bars. Wheels are 17" x 8" with 235/55 ZR 17 BFGs G Force.
Quesion is : What is every one setting their suspension... Caster, Camber,Toe with the bigger Wheel / Tire combos?
The stiffer bushings, Rod Ends and Torsion bars should reduce the suspension flex and allow smaller settings.

64 392 Poly Polara

Last edited:
I run magnumforce chromoly k member with coiloers and wilwoods and rear is 4 link with wilwoods, 18 x 8 front wheel and 19 x 10 rear wheel, my car is more of a cruiser but my current settings are:
Camber: -1.5*
Caster: 5.2*
Toe in: 1.5 millimetres each.

if only street driven I would go with a little less camber so you don't scrub your tires out.

Auto Transport Service
Back