• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tach no workee.

493 Mike

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:40 AM
Reaction score
I recently had to replace my never used new Autometer Ultralite tachometer. Just started the car-no tach? What am I missing? I checked all continuities, The fuel pump speed control, tach, and Fast 2.0 all are tied to the MSD tach output. Only the tach does not work. Any guidance fellas.
Mike

Just tossing this out, some tachs need a filter or something to work with MSD boxes. Maybe called something else but corrects the signal.

I contacted MSD tech support and was told I needed a 8132 Signal Generator. I looked it up and it is described for use with a magneto style ignition system, which is not what I have. The 8920 appears to be correct for my needs but, I want to be sure of proper wiring before I drop another 'C' note. Do we have any members here that have similar parameters to my equipment? If so, how did you make everything work together? I'm wondering if I should join the pump speed control, FAST injection, and 8920 together, connecting with the MSD tach output and then the 8920 adapter output to the tach input? Thanks fellas!
Mike

I recently had to replace my never used new Autometer Ultralite tachometer. Just started the car-no tach? What am I missing? I checked all continuities, The fuel pump speed control, tach, and Fast 2.0 all are tied to the MSD tach output. Only the tach does not work. Any guidance fellas.
Mike
No workee??? Is that akin to the old ssying: "no tickee, no laundree" as in the old Chinese laundries when the only good Chinese were restaurants and laundrys.....?
Seriously, an adapter is needed to interface between your ignigion system and the tach manufacturer....specifics???
BOB RENTON

Auto Transport Service
Back