• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Taking Up New Residence

Cool, thanks. My 66 has that.
Is your car a Belvedere or a Satellite? My first car was a 66 Belvedere II....don't thing it had the light group. Had a clock tho and it took me many years later to learn what that 'pop' sound was whenever I was just kicking back in it and would hear it coming from the dash somewhere lol

Is your car a Belvedere or a Satellite? My first car was a 66 Belvedere II....don't thing it had the light group. Had a clock tho and it took me many years later to learn what that 'pop' sound was whenever I was just kicking back in it and would hear it coming from the dash somewhere lol
It is a belvedere II. I think my Coronet 500 has one too.

Happy Belated 61st Birthday Polara !!!

20181124_135228-gif.gif

11/24/61

Replacing a couple of lenses leads to a total refurbished taillight system.

Cleaned all of the lenses that I needed. Cleaned and painted the taillight housings with aluminum. Cleaned and polished the best bensils.
View attachment 532485
View attachment 532486

Replaced all of the sockets with aftermarket ones. Had to break off one of the fingers to fit the tab that's in the housing.
View attachment 532489
View attachment 532491

Wiring is pretty simple. Just match up the socket with the original for the correct bulb pin orientation and color of wire.
View attachment 532499

I'm thinking this harness has provisions for a trailer light package. Notice the female connectors inline for each wire. (Red arrows)
View attachment 532502

Another interesting find is that the lower light uses a double filament bulb but is wired for the parking light filament only.
View attachment 532504
So that gave me an idea...

This video, lights factory wired.

This video, adding a lead from the bottom light and plugging it into the trailer light connection.

Which one do you like better?

Any tricks to separating the lenses from the chrome bezel, or is it intuitive?

Any tricks to separating the lenses from the chrome bezel, or is it intuitive?

There's foam gaskets in between everything. Sometimes if you're careful you can save them. Detroit Muscle sell new ones. They do have notches to line them up so you have to watch for that. Pretty straight forward.

I never clicked on this thread..... I didn't realize it was in the resto forum, and the title never grabbed me; duh...... love this car KK

Bought the Polara a Christmas present. Original dealership where she was sold new.
20231230_122845.jpg

John Drew only sold Dodge for a few years before going to Chevrolet. Quite rare to find such an item. I've been watching for one for years. Another mission accomplished.

Ordered a trunk mat from Classic Industries, seven days transit. Received Friday. It was listed as a 1962 Plymouth Fury/Sport and stated it was molded. That's the main reason I chose this one. I know of two patterns they used with the '62 B bodies. A "Hash" print and a "Plaid" print. There was no mat when I bought the car so it could have been either one. This particular mat stated "Molded" that's why I went with the Plaid. The other curiosity I had was whether a Plymouth mat would be the same as a Dodge. Some patterns were available for Plymouth and not Dodge. Some molded rubber some not. Anyway here's my findings on this mat.
Arrived in seven days from California to Pennsylvania UPS.
20240104_165215.jpg

Removed it from the box, reversed the roll up so the pattern was showing. Taped it up to reform for easier installation.
20240104_203634.jpg

I had purchased the trunk filler boards years ago from REM. Installed them first.
20240106_114946.jpg

20240106_114955.jpg

20240106_115208.jpg

20240106_115744.jpg

20240106_115755.jpg

After warming up the garage a little I installed the mat to see how it fit.
20240106_135114.jpg

20240106_143547.jpg

Molded?
we-have-determinedthat.jpg

Last edited:
Seemed to fit ok, could have been a little wider behind the fender wells but I've seen others that had the cardboard sides and that's as far as the mat went.
20240106_143613.jpg

20240106_143605.jpg

Here's a picture of a Plymouth with aftermarket mat. It has the cardboard sides.
35878005-1962-plymouth-sport-fury-thumb.jpg

Here's a Dodge with a aftermarket mat.
1675696-32930-1962-dodge-dart.jpg

So what do you do? It's a trunk mat. Being the same as a Dodge mat? Looks pretty close to me. The spare tire bracket cutout is in the right location but they cut a line all the way to the outside???
20240106_144642.jpg

Plenty of extra material front and back. Looks like maybe the Plymouth braces are in a different location looking at the notch in the mat?
20240106_144616.jpg

Anyway after about ten minutes in the 50 deg shop the mat was cold and a bit stiff. Will fine tune this on a warmer day. I can live with this mat.
20240106_143650.jpg

I would suggest buying a molded one from ACC. I don't think REM (the one i bought) even has molded ones. I had it out in the 65* weather today along with a heat gun and was able to get some shape into the mat but not much. Also did some trimming to fit. It will have to do...
20240126_165330.jpg

Installed the dealer tag frame also...
20240126_215311.jpg

Looks great, although that rust free floor looks pretty darn fantastic.

I think I posted pics of my original mat before. It was molded around the filler by partially stamping through it in a halfmoon pattern, so it laid on top of the raised section, and was lower on the trunk floor.

Had multiple other stampings at the rear, a few did not fully separate, and the ones that did were still in the trunk.

I'd have to look at it again, but it may be cut from the spare mount to the edge, and iirc the mount hole was 1 rectangle.

If it wasn't molded originally, it became molded due to the weight of the thickness of it.

Auto Transport Service
Back