• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Talladega or Bust - 1970 Super Bird Cleanup

When I worked at a Aircraft shop. I was told running that Av gas in your car , would burn the valves out quickly. But for short term use. It worked great. I used to drain the 45 gal drums of that stuff for my cars.
It was old fuel from draining wing tanks for aircraft inspections , never re use drained fuel in a aircraft. Alway refuel with new.

From what I was told. Im not a AME. Just gradually learned from my boss and my chief Engineer.

No bad results from using AV gas in my old cars. I started using it in 1997 in my 68 Hemi RR that was rebuilt to 12.5 to 1 race Hemi spec's. It was 1/2 or less, the price of racing fuel.

Getting ready to start this DadsB. I'm inspired by your write-up with pix. My transmission has a very thick coating of crud from years of road dirt collecting on this oily trans from the leaking shifter shaft and throttle seal. Any tips on cleaning this up? Hard to get a brush up there.

Plastic puddy knife and then a rag soaked in the solvent of your choice... mine would be 100LL AV gas as it's a great degreaser, but many other choices.

Auto Transport Service
Back