• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Television providers

Scott Engelhardt

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:01 PM
Reaction score
What is everyone using for television providers? I have had Direct TV since it was prime star. My box went to hell so I am thinking it is time to try something else. It has to be easy or the bride will not be happy. I don’t want a bunch of remotes either. I am trying YouTube TV not sure how well I like it.

over 30 channels :lol:
1715533614460.jpeg
sorry Im no help

As above, antenna on my roof from 1975. Have a smart tv(samsung, not a huge fan of it but it but the picture is good) that also has a bunch of free streaming channels on it. I can watch roadkill and stuff like that, but it isn't current season. I tend to home in on the NHRA channel as they play even current season stuff, but a few days a week they play vintage stuff like 1979 Gatornationals, for instance.
Paying for TV is nonsense, they play ads, they get paid. I refuse to let them double dip, forcing ads on me AND making me pay for access. I don;t need TV that bad and can live without it 100% if it comes to that. If they need more money they should charge more for ad air time.

I have been a Direct TV subscriber for a long time now so I am not going to change at this juncture of my life. I do get a yearly discount of 50-60 dollars as a preferred loyalty customer which is OK but I have to call and talk to a Loyalty Rep in the States, and not to the Phillippines offshore customer service center, every year to renew. So my bill remains steady every year with very little or no price hikes. I also like Direct because it is the only provider that offers the Major League Baseball package so I can watch 99% of all team's game broadcasts. Now I can stream it through the Internet, however, I pay for the whole season in one payment instead of a monthly charge. For the cost either to stream or through Direct, I could buy a ticket to a game in the nosebleed section and then pay through the nose for Dogs and some brew. The yearly subscription is less than the actual ticket price so for me, that is a no-brainer. To the OP...Give Direct a call and see if you can get transferred to a Loyalty Rep to negotiate a discount. Nothing ventured nothing gained...cr8crtshr/Bill:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :usflag: :usflag: :usflag:

I been thinking about keeping Direct tv just to keep it simple for my wife. Although the $720 a year buys lots of premium gas for the Plymouth.

I went w/Roku and then signed on w/Sling both Orange and Blue for TV content. You can add on from there of you like. It’s a pretty reasonable date and I looked at most everything.

I been thinking about keeping Direct tv just to keep it simple for my wife. Although the $720 a year buys lots of premium gas for the Plymouth.
WWWWOOOOWWWW!!! That is outrageous!!! You must be paying for everything that they offer to be added to the basic plan you have!!! I mean no disrespect here, but I would suggest you eliminate some of those extras to reduce the cost regardless of your wife's needs is the way to go. Otherwise, like I said above, contact a Direct TV Loyalti Rep here in the States, and discuss applying a discount. I only pay for Choice service, extra-regional sports package, and 3 Gennies for my 3 TVs and my DVR modem, at 149.00/month. The MBL p[ackage is 128.00 for the season paid in one payment. That is just my example for you to see they difference but what you are forking out is just plain nuts...No offense meant...cr8crshr/Bill :usflag: :usflag: :usflag:

WWWWOOOOWWWW!!! That is outrageous!!! You must be paying for everything that they offer to be added to the basic plan you have!!! I mean no disrespect here, but I would suggest you eliminate some of those extras to reduce the cost regardless of your wife's needs is the way to go. Otherwise, like I said above, contact a Direct TV Loyalti Rep here in the States, and discuss applying a discount. I only pay for Choice service, extra-regional sports package, and 3 Gennies for my 3 TVs and my DVR modem, at 149.00/month. The MBL p[ackage is 128.00 for the season paid in one payment. That is just my example for you to see they difference but what you are forking out is just plain nuts...No offense meant...cr8crshr/Bill :usflag: :usflag: :usflag:
cr8crshr/Bill,
Scott said he was paying $720 year

If you are paying $149/month, that is $1788 a year

I pay zero a year. I don't need TV though either, so to each their own.

Apollo Group TV Review for FireStick ($15 | 20K+ Channels)

Apollo-group TV. Reasonable price for what it gets you. Live tv from all over the world and all of the streaming services to boot. A bit tricky to get set up initially and you have to pay with crypto (draw your own conclusions). Been using it for a couple of years now.

What is everyone using for television providers? I have had Direct TV since it was prime star. My box went to hell so I am thinking it is time to try something else. It has to be easy or the bride will not be happy. I don’t want a bunch of remotes either. I am trying YouTube TV not sure how well I like it.
Scott what we did was finally got away from our local cable and internet provider.
For internet and the larger cable package we paid $240 per month.
Then add a 2 phone verizon plan on top of that we paid out close to $330 per month.
We dumped everything.
Stuck a antenna on the roof for local the signed up to T Mobile for a internet and phone combo.
Our total bill now is $140 for new phones with unlimited and internet streaming more channels than I can watch.
TMobile also pays for apple tv and net flix.

God help me, I'm paying $4000 a year. The gf has to have her cable and premium channels, so she pays half. It IS a shame, she can't afford it.
Me? I would be absolutely fine on an antenna, like I am in california.
120 channels, fifty in English, twenty in Chinese, and fifty in spanish.

Auto Transport Service
Back