• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tesla Charging Station

jag_mopar

Local time
9:04 PM
Reaction score
This Tesla charging station is in Port St. Lucie Florida. If anyone is interested here are some pictures. IMG_0737.jpgIMG_0735.jpgIMG_0733.jpgIMG_0732.jpgIMG_0738.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0734.jpg
    IMG_0734.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 304
Have you ridden in one of those
they have huge torque and set you back in the seat and good range but pricey

So what's the deal with that station?

Is it a standard plug that can be used for any electric vehicle?

Is there a bill changer or card reader?

If so, how much?

- - - Updated - - -

I believe ANY electric motor has 100% torque available instantly.

Kind of the very definition of "neck snapping".

This is why owners of electric cars say they are so much cheaper to run. They use someone else's electricity.

I am not sure about the connectors. I heard that Tesla put them in so that owners can drive from Miami \ Ft lauderdale can make the trip to Tampa and Orlando. There is another station in or near Naples FL.

for the $100K+ price tag of a low end Tesla, that they have lost their a$$'s on & then got another Federal Govt. bail out "yet again", buy tax payers $$$'s & the POTUS WH/DC... I hope they get something for free, after spending that much for it...LOL... I wonder if it's on a key fob sensor of some kind or other way to determine it's a Telsa user or possible the plugs are proprietary maybe only work with a Tesla... I don't know really, kind of don't care much either, it's just a curiosity to me so far...

Plugged into an evil coal fired electric plant. How green is that? Taxpayer subsidies.

What am I missing?

Why would the "tesla" or other electric car be parked there except to charge? Or is it a 30 min parking lot for Teslas with the perk option to charge if you happen to need it? As far as who's paying .. we are I'm sure.

attachment.jpg

I've always wondered about the cost to charge an electric only vehicle.

I had never heard a dollar figure until about two days ago.

There was a news story featuring a chevy spark, and they claimed $4 for a full charge that would allow the car to go 80 miles!!

If that's true, then maybe it's not that bad of a deal.

My dang hot tub pump sure cost a lot more than $4 to run!

Auto Transport Service
Back