• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Texas Scammer

robert horman

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:44 AM
Reaction score
I was contacted by someone stating he had a part I was looking for. The person who sent me the lead only had 1 post. Red Flag number 1. I emailed person having part and he came back wanting said amount for this part. I contacted person with part and asked person where he lived. He stated living in town in Texas. I know of 2 (car friends) friends living in SAME TOWN in TEXAS and contacted them to see if they knew this person. they did not know person. I asked person selling me part if he knew my 2 friends. He didn't know my friends. I asked person if he would mind going to my friends house with part and collect money (cash). He declined. second red flag. to many red flags for me. I declined buying part unknown. Bob Horman

Last edited:
I was contacted by someone stating he had a part I was looking for. The person who sent me the lead only had 1 post. Red Flag number 1. I emailed person having part and he came back wanting said amount for this part. I contacted person with part and asked person where he lived. He stated living in town in Texas. I know of 2 (car friends) friends living in said town and contacted them to see if they knew this person. they did not know person. I asked person selling me part if he knew my 2 friends. He didn't know my friends. I asked person if he would mind going to my friends house with part and collect money (cash). He declined. second red flag. to many red flags for me. I declined buying part unknown. Bob Horman
Did they contact you through a Personal Message? Did you report the issue?

I was contacted by someone stating he had a part I was looking for. The person who sent me the lead only had 1 post. Red Flag number 1. I emailed person having part and he came back wanting said amount for this part. I contacted person with part and asked person where he lived. He stated living in town in Texas. I know of 2 (car friends) friends living in said town and contacted them to see if they knew this person. they did not know person. I asked person selling me part if he knew my 2 friends. He didn't know my friends. I asked person if he would mind going to my friends house with part and collect money (cash). He declined. second red flag. to many red flags for me. I declined buying part unknown. Bob Horman
Good detective work the only thing that I think I don’t agree with is you asking him to drive to your friends house because I’ve sold parts that are left over and if somebody asked me to go to a friends house I personally wouldn’t.

I wouldn’t mind meeting them somewhere but for me to drive there I just think that most people would think that’s a scam.

asked me to go to a friends house I personally wouldn’t
Having done some selling through ebay local pickup and CL, I won’t have people come to my house unless I know someone that knows them. Same when I’ve sold vehicles. Have a couple of places nearby (gas stations) that are busy having security cameras where we can meet. Nine times out of 10 never would be a risk…it’s that 10th time possibility though that bugs me.

That is like the scam they do on facebook. They always reply to people looking for parts that they have the part and to DM them. Or link some fake parts page.

Post the user name here so others don’t get scammed and mods can delete account..

It would have been quite simple to just ask for his address and your friend will go over to buy. I see nothing wrong with this and any denial would be proof of the scam

:mob: Fetch the rope and pick out a tree! Let's ride!

It must be Deja Vu but I swear I have had this conversation with this member before. I know for sure he posted his name and address directly on a post which is internet security suicide as far as scammers go.

It would have been quite simple to just ask for his address and your friend will go over to buy. I see nothing wrong with this and any denial would be proof of the scam
Asking a lot out of ones' friend to volunteer for such a mission...
Wouldn't be the first time someone with a pocket full of cash got lured into an ambush.

I had a premium Charger fender for sale here on FBBO.
The pic was lifted and reposted on a New Mexico FB marketplace

I’m from California and another member here alerted me to scam

I had a premium Charger fender for sale here on FBBO.
The pic was lifted and reposted on a New Mexico FB marketplace

I’m from California and another member here alerted me to scam
Now that would be good to know. But, photos her are fair game. Frickin' crooks.

If you asked me to go to someone else's house or even your own I'd tell you to kiss my ***. You want the part, YOU arrange pickup. That doesn't make me a scammer. Nor does not knowing all your buddies !!

That is like the scam they do on facebook. They always reply to people looking for parts that they have the part and to DM them. Or link some fake parts page.
There are a few giveaways to those FB scams:
1) price is too good to be true
2) the reply is always "selling for my aunty (uncle, sister, second cousin twice removed, etc.) email them.
3) "seller" lives in a foreign country
4) usually has multiple listings - often more than one of the same item - motorhomes, cars, motorcycles, boats, etc - ALL way below market value
5) seller recently joined FB and has no posts in their profile, no friends, etc.

Do everyone a favor when you see these listings,REPORT THEM as scams. FB seem to do a good job of shutting them down once they're made aware.

There are a few giveaways to those FB scams:
1) price is too good to be true
2) the reply is always "selling for my aunty (uncle, sister, second cousin twice removed, etc.) email them.
3) "seller" lives in a foreign country
4) usually has multiple listings - often more than one of the same item - motorhomes, cars, motorcycles, boats, etc - ALL way below market value
5) seller recently joined FB and has no posts in their profile, no friends, etc.

Do everyone a favor when you see these listings,REPORT THEM as scams. FB seem to do a good job of shutting them down once they're made aware.
And every report here sends a notification to the staff so it can be handled.

And every report here sends a notification to the staff so it can be handled.
So far nobody has offered up any solid proof he's a scammer.

Now then, "take it over to my buddies house"... THAT sounds like a scam !!!

"He's going to give you a check for $30,000 he owes me. You take out your $5 for the part and another fiver for your trouble and send me $29,990. - through Western Union"

!!!

So far nobody has offered up any solid proof he's a scammer.

Now then, "take it over to my buddies house"... THAT sounds like a scam !!!

"He's going to give you a check for $30,000 he owes me. You take out your $5 for the part and another fiver for your trouble and send me $29,990. - through Western Union"

!!!
:rofl:

1688950024665.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back