• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TF 727 not fitting

Plymouth63

Local time
8:06 PM
Reaction score
went to install my 5.7l in my 64 dodge. Had a new transmission mount to fit my transmission. I could not get the cross member to line up. Transmission case was hitting the fire wall. Transmission is a small block 727. Help, motor mounts from tti, transmission mount is a Schumacher for later model trans, not a 64 model. Checked mount positions measurements line up for the front of the motor.

What year K frame are you using?

Why do you say that? It's a small block 727, should go right in.

Doesn't matter. Either should fit without issue.

Mine didn't line up with the trans mount on the crossmember at first. Had to loosen the motor mounts and the transmission bolts to the block. Finally I had enough play to get it sitting in there right.

Can you post some pics of the engine mounts and trans mount? It would help us to figure it out.

leftmotormount.jpg

How about the drivers side and trans. Also need to see the back of the engine/trans together.

How about the drivers side and trans. Also need to see the back of the engine/trans together.
I wanted to put the engine and trans in as a unit. Its only me doing this. What can go wrong will. My jack decided to quit working. Anyway got the trans in, then put the motor and connected to trans. Now getting the mounts in their correct position, so the headers will fit. Hoping this week I can leave it in for good. As we know a 904 or a 727 will fit the tunnel.

That's good to hear ya got them in. Post some pics for us!

Auto Transport Service
Back