• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

tf727 transmission fluid

Damien B.

Local time
6:24 PM
Reaction score
Does anyone know how much fluid goes in a regular tf727 without an oversized tank ?
I just want to be sure order the proper quantity after i drain mine and replace the gasket since it s been leaking for quite some time
Thanks for your inputs

I do believe you can also run ATF4 in the old flites as it is a fully synthetic trans fluid that is far superior. Amount... it depends on your depth of trans pan and cooler .Make sure to put many (3-4) quarts in before starting and it could hold at least 8 or more ! It totally depends on the pan and cooler. Look for a name on the pan, B&M etc., google the name and see what you find... it’s guessing game otherwise.

Transmission with stock pan is 5qt, torque converter is 2-3 qts depending on size. If you're just changing the gasket/filter, the TQ shouldn't drain down. Check level with engine running, on level ground, trans warmed up, in neutral. Remember, when the stick says add 1, it means 1pint (16 oz).

Mark

Quart to Liter, qt x .946= liter, 5 x .946= 4.73 l. Over filling is worse than under filling.

Mark

that i figured just like too much oil is terrible for the engine

It just over two gallons in stock trim, dry

Auto Transport Service
Back