• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Downsizing continues......

You need to buy your daughter a new pair of jeans....the ones she's wearing are all ripped. :poke:
I have no say in her attire. She is 23 and buys her own clothes. Torn jeans are the modern version of Tye dyed jeans and/or bellbottoms when I was her age

Last edited:
About 1" too high for my liking. I like mine to be about 1" up from level...maybe 1 1/2".
I have a set of the MP hemi springs from the other car. I have been thinking about putting it . They sit lower,,, but maybe too low.

I can have them swapped in a couple hours. So might just give it a try and see if I like the look or how it drives

Kids today like to dress like they have worn out their clothes, but aren't really interested in doing the work it takes to actually wear clothes out! Lol

So is anyone else downsizing their Mopar hoards. What project cars are on the chopping block?

I have 2 and have been thinking about selling them, liquidating the parts and buying a nice 64 Dodge to finish out my car hobby. Never owned a early B and I sure like the 64's. What's going to be your last Mopar before you get too old to drive?
I downsized from two (Baby Blue and my Hemi GTX) and replaced them with the very first GTX I test drove 53 years ago. I just turned 70, it will be my last, already has hand controls…

5D7E4F55-19D2-415A-B2F6-7C39A0562997.jpeg

I have a storage area that I have rented now since the early 90’s and at this point I will be thinning parts cars first, then parts I have stored for decades probably keeping only 1-2 of the same spare parts for cars I am keeping. I am worried that one day the property where I rent will be sold or if something happens to me I don’t want to leave all this stuff for my wife and kids to deal with… The only project car I am thinking about selling for now is a 73 340 4 speed bench seat Road Runner…

Last edited:
I have a storage area that I have rented now since the early 90’s and at this point I will be thinning parts cars first, then parts I have stored for decades probably keeping only 1-2 of the same spare parts for cars I am keeping. I am worried that one day the property where I rent will be sold or if something happens to me I don’t want to leave all this stuff for why wife and kids to deal with… The only project car I am thinking about selling for now is a 73 340 4 speed bench seat Road Runner…
When you rent spaces to store project cars and parts there must be a tipping point where the cost of storage space starts to outweigh the value of what is being stored.

When you rent spaces to store project cars and parts there must be a tipping point where the cost of storage space starts to outweigh the value of what is being stored.
It’s extremely affordable like almost nothing as I have known them almost my whole life plus I hoarded really good parts but who needs 11 complete ‘72 road runner grilles?? Very fortunate they are great people…

Last edited:
It's nice when it works out that way. I have 5 cars stored at my friends house, he let's me keep them there for free,but I know that he would like me to get them sold so he doesn't have to look at them forever. I am sure there are people on here that are upside down on their storage costs verses the values of what is being stored.

It's nice when it works out that way. I have 5 cars stored at my friends house, he let's me keep them there for free,but I know that he would like me to get them sold so he doesn't have to look at them forever. I am sure there are people on here that are upside down on their storage costs verses the values of what is being stored.
Yep that works best. I have a sweetheart deal but it won’t last much longer as people don’t live forever and I doubt new owners would say just stay it’s fine….

My collector car and house insurance are bundled and if there's no claim, I get a refund check. That's enough to pay for the car insurance and a bit left over to help offset the storage garage rental. The wife says "No big building on the property" Damn, I should have bought an acreage. LOL The older I get the less I want to take care of property though. It's a trade off for sure.

Man, that sure looks like you're trying to go fishing for someone LOL

About 1" too high for my liking. I like mine to be about 1" up from level...maybe 1 1/2".
I was a 70’s kid… all the kool cars were “Jacked Up”. I hear it referred to as California Rake now. But I don’t remember hearing that back then.

A friend of mine has a warehouse of parts and cars. He sold off the cars a few years back ( I bought my hemi satellite from him ). And is now down to 2 keeper cars. Now he's working on the parts, and there is a lot of it. But he has already cut loose of A LOT of parts in the past few years. With a lot of it going to other dealers.

A mutual friend of ours passed rather suddenly about 10-12 years ago and left his family with A LOT of cars and parts to deal with. He has said he does not want his family to go thru a similar ordeal.

His ebay store is | eBay

if only I had saved all my worn out work clothes........ I'd be rich!
Couldn't get squat for the old jeans I had......they want 'new' stuff that looks old.
I was a 70’s kid… all the kool cars were “Jacked Up”. I hear it referred to as California Rake now. But I don’t remember hearing that back then.
I'm 72 so I grew up with the stuff. I even had a 67 Coronet with air shocks aired up all the way and the torsion bars dropped to where the rubber bumpers had about 1/2" clearance. Mainly wanted to see just how bad it would handle that way.....it was scary to say the least lol

Auto Transport Service
Back