• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The engine is back in FURYIOUS

cbodybob

Local time
8:28 PM
Reaction score
It’s the old 400 as the 440 is not ready still. So I’ll shake down the car with the 400 installed

A30F827D-99C5-412A-B9CF-C578D09DF8DB.jpeg

AFF8A28E-82CE-4711-B27D-4D4A32D10324.jpeg

As long as it goes vrooom, vrooom, it’s a go. Good Luck!

A little heavy on the buffing on that front fender though.:lol:

That 400 will make noise and burn rubber so go for it!

Are you running an externally balanced crank in the 400?

How long has the car been sitting?
My car has been down since early June and it is driving me batty.

Oh crap. You MUST be itching to drive that car.

How long has the car been sitting?
My car has been down since early June and it is driving me batty.
Most guys on here would wonder which early June you're talking about lol. Kudos for keeping the fire burning!

Nah...My projects are only delayed by parts or lazy machine shop guys. I like to complete my jobs and get back to driving!

73 R.JPG
437 R.JPG
310 R.JPG

I was just wondering, I've been away from mopars since I joined the Air Force and left my dads 70 fury III behind. I was unaware that all the 400's came from the factory with cast externally balanced cranks and I'm wondering how they hold up in street/strip applications? I had a 400 build for my 66 coronet.

I was just wondering, I've been away from mopars since I joined the Air Force and left my dads 70 fury III behind. I was unaware that all the 400's came from the factory with cast externally balanced cranks and I'm wondering how they hold up in street/strip applications? I had a 400 build for my 66 coronet.
The early 72’ had the old forged 383 cranks. As for the cast ones they do well.

Auto Transport Service
Back