• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The IGNORE feature.

It’s a great feature. There are some here who simply have nothing to offer. No car building experience, no parts or part’s knowledge to help others. They are only here troll the Political forum and that’s about it. This time of year I am so busy I can’t be distracted by nonsense so the ignore feature simply gets rid of it. When it snows or is miserable out I have to watch out for the “winternet”. Sometimes I see what is being said by some of them and mostly I just laugh at what they write. Joey has the best Mopar site on the net and glad he has that feature.

thumbs up.png
(thanks @moparedtn)

People need to do what they need to do to maintain their level of happiness, but I don't use or need the ignore feature; and I don't intentionally give out the red X. However, I have inadvertently fat-fingered a few posts though.

This place and people are great, as well as FCBO, FEBO, and FABO with their very own unique personalities and perspectives.

The political forum is interesting and entertaining at times, but it is an entirely separate "compartment" for me. What happens in the political forum stays in the political forum. That doesn't mean I forget who posts in the political forum solely to provoke...stir excrement.
Precisely why I "ignore" the political section completely. I cant stand people bickering over stupid things and minds they cant change.
Gus

There are some here who simply have nothing to offer. No car building experience, no parts or part’s knowledge to help others. They are only here troll the Political forum.
Without naming anyone, THIS is why I have a problem with a few members. They never post about their car, they never offer any tech help to others. 99% of their posts are political and of course, they are the minority opinion.
This isn't to state that you have to have a Road Runner for your opinion to have merit, it just smacks of a NON car guy joining a site to annoy the majority of members.
If I didn't have guns, I wouldn't join a gun forum and post about how the 2nd amendment should be abolished.

Without naming anyone, THIS is why I have a problem with a few members. They never post about their car, they never offer any tech help to others. 99% of their posts are political and of course, they are the minority opinion.
This isn't to state that you have to have a Road Runner for your opinion to have merit, it just smacks of a NON car guy joining a site to annoy the majority of members.
If I didn't have guns, I wouldn't join a gun forum and post about how the 2nd amendment should be abolished.
Well said. Imagine I am on a mopar car forum and because I built a fast mopar street car with my own hands I get criticized for it. It’s that stupid. :realcrazy: The jealousy is flattering though!

Last edited:
I'd like to think that I haven't annoyed anybody enough to put me on ignore! I have lived eaten and breathed Mopars for more than 50 years!

Just guessing here but the reason might be because asking a question about their car might open the door for others to believe that they don’t have all the answers, and narcissists will never do that, it’s like a death sentence to them. Spent a decade with one one month!

I haven't use the ignore feature...yet. Like some have said I can choose who I want to hear from no matter the topic. Rarely does it happen but someone giving bad or wrong information normally gets called out on it.

In the political threads a few are fairly brazing with their comments. There's one in every crowd no matter where you go in daily life. "Water on a ducks back." It doesn't effect me that much. Do I like to play the game now and then? Heck yeah :poke:

Since I've never used the ignore feature, don't you still see the recipient's comments in a "quote" window?

Good thread @Kern Dog :thumbsup:

I haven't use the ignore feature...yet. Like some have said I can choose who I want to hear from no matter the topic. Rarely does it happen but someone giving bad or wrong information normally gets called out on it.

In the political threads a few are fairly brazing with their comments. There's one in every crowd no matter where you go in daily life. "Water on a ducks back." It doesn't effect me that much. Do I like to play the game now and then? Heck yeah :poke:

Since I've never used the ignore feature, don't you still see the recipient's comments in a "quote" window?

Good thread @Kern Dog :thumbsup:
No, in that quote you can only see that it's ignored content. You just realize there are members who are responding to them...

It is a great feature and my list is near complete.
I think one more is going to be added in the next few days. Then the possibility of me telling certain people how I really feel about them will be eliminated and my postings committed to safe conversation with no painfully obvious, but truthful points.

I proof read every post, in hopes of avoiding the "Wrath of Kern"

my grammar has always been good, but thank God for spell check
I overlook errors from the forum's members that contribute a LOT. It may not be fair and equal but if I see a member that makes it a point to help people, that guy gets a pass.
You are on THAT list of mine.

Auto Transport Service
Back